Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Live like it.

Re: ITS HERE! Actual TV Commercial...Airs in one m

MFB, What is the mark, in your mind? Is it figurative of something you do with your hands or think with your mind/heart?

And... (just a "what if" question) If the gov't came out with a chip for your hand, would you take it, knowing or feeling that the passage in Revelations is figurative?

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
iPhone has an app for Weight Watchers and you can scan a product's barcode and it will calculate the points for you. Very possible they can do even more.
I didn't read the book myself, but my husband relayed it to me. It sounded as though the technology was either here or being devloped to scan items with the cell phone and thereby it be charged or debited from your account. Eliminating the need for cash or check outs.

And of course, that would only lead to your cell phone being lost or stolen... so you'd have to have your fingerprint scanned or eye scanned or something to make that fail safe.

I wonder how far in the future our one world currency is? I bet it's not far at all. So much as rapidly changed in the past century and even decade...

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Sister Alvear

near....very near...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 01-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Live like it.

I just picked up the book. According to "Cashless" by Mark Hitchcock, there is a software being tested now in South Korea at McDonalds. Customers with special software on thier phones can recieve the restaurants updated menu as they walk thru the door. They can point thier phones at a menu and transmit thier order to the counter. They then receive a text when their order is ready, grab the food an take a seat. And McDonalds simply adds the cost of the food to the customers cell phone bill.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:22 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
I didn't read the book myself, but my husband relayed it to me. It sounded as though the technology was either here or being devloped to scan items with the cell phone and thereby it be charged or debited from your account. Eliminating the need for cash or check outs.

And of course, that would only lead to your cell phone being lost or stolen... so you'd have to have your fingerprint scanned or eye scanned or something to make that fail safe.

I wonder how far in the future our one world currency is? I bet it's not far at all. So much as rapidly changed in the past century and even decade...
I fear we are on the fast track here in the US.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
MFB, What is the mark, in your mind? Is it figurative of something you do with your hands or think with your mind/heart?

And... (just a "what if" question) If the gov't came out with a chip for your hand, would you take it, knowing or feeling that the passage in Revelations is figurative?
Clearly whatever form "the mark" takes, if it is even physical, is irrelevant as there will be a vow or proclamation required to go with it. Otherwise, all they would have to do is knock you out (drug wise) and inject/tattoo it on without your consent.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

To me, according to how the picture stands in the entire bible, it is satan's answer to God's law. It is like a slap in the face of Israel who were supposed to be God's people with God's law, and actually turned against God in their "religious" hypocrisy. It is figurative as much as the Father's name on the forehead of the 144,000 depicts those who do the Father's WILL (forehead), and are like houses on rock, (144,000 on Zion), The fool's house is on sand, (Babylon, literally built on sand, is fallen fallen -- Rev 14:8 - those with satan's law).

I would never take a chip if it was issued. I am not saying I cannot be wrong about this, but I go WOW when I read the Exodus events including Law on forehead and hand. I really believe we are missing the "marK" (pun intended) when we do not compare scripture with scripture.

Once a person compares the overall Revelation sequence of events with the Exodus, one comes to a solid conclusion that Revelation is quite symbolic of spiritual realities.

Watch the overall pattern found in Exodus and Revelation in my next post.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
It is like a slap in the face of Israel who were supposed to be God's people with God's law, and actually turned against God in their "religious" hypocrisy. It is figurative as much as the Father's name on the forehead of the 144,000 depicts those who do the Father's WILL (forehead), and are like houses on rock, (144,000 on Zion),

I'm not disagreeing with you, that's for sure.

The chip, to me, is yet another very real sign that the Bible prophecy is true and that we're likely not going to be here, business -as -usual, for another 1000 years.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

For Mrs. LPW:

There is a clear parallel to the burning bush experience of Moses when John heard a voice behind Him saying it was the I Am. John, like Moses, had to turn to see the voice. When turned, he saw, similar to Moses' experience, a burning tree-shaped candlestick, whereas Moses saw a burning bush. And Christ was in that candlestick.
Exodus 3:2-4 KJV And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. (3) And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt. (4) And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

Revelation 1:10-13 KJV I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, (11) Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. (12) And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; (13) And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Like a burning bush with a network of branches, John saw Jesus in the seven BRANCHED candlestick of the temple.

When Moses went atop Sinai for the Law, Exodus 24 reads God called him up, as follows:
Exo 24:12 And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.
Notice what John was told:
Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
And when Moses obtained the Ten Commandments,m they were described as follows:
Exo 32:15 And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written.

Rev 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
continued...

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 01-07-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

The sequence of furniture God spoke to Moses to build, which we learn in Hebrews 9 was a pattern of the tabernacle in Heaven, follows with John's sequence of sights in Heaven.

Ark of the covenant - Exodus 25:10-22
Throne of God - Rev 4:2

Table of Shewbread - Exodus 25:23-30
Twenty Four seats - Rev 4:4

Candelestick - Exodus 25:31-40
Seven Lamps Burning - Rev 4:5

Barrier of Curtains and Veil with Cherubims embroidered: Exodus 26:1-10; 31-37
Barrier of Crystal Sea and Four Beasts (Cherubims): Rev 4:6-11.

Rev 4:6-9 shows the Lamb slain, whose blood redeemed the saints, take the book to open the seals. Moses was able to retrieve the Tablets of Law from God on Sinai after the Passover lamb's blood was shed and struck onto the doorways to redeem Israel from Bondage.

Plagues are found in both the Egyptian ordeal and through the seals, trumpets and vials of Revelation.

Revelation 12 seems to span the entire Exodus parallel regarding the initial Exodus aspect of entering the wilderness after leaving Egypt in one chapter.

Pharaoh parallels the dragon, or serpent. Pharaoh even wore a crown with the serpent emblazoned on it. And the man-child corresponds to Moses, and is fulfilled in Jesus.
Exo 1:15-16 And the king of Egypt spake to the Hebrew midwives, of which the name of the one was Shiphrah, and the name of the other Puah: (16) And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then she shall live.

Rev 12:1-4 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: (2) And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. (3) And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. (4) And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Moses went into Egypt where he arose in power for the throne, escaping Pharaoh's massacre.
Exo 2:1-5 And there went a man of the house of Levi, and took to wife a daughter of Levi. (2) And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months. (3) And when she could not longer hide him, she took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein; and she laid it in the flags by the river's brink. (4) And his sister stood afar off, to wit what would be done to him. (5) And the daughter of Pharaoh came down to wash herself at the river; and her maidens walked along by the river's side; and when she saw the ark among the flags, she sent her maid to fetch it.

Mat 2:12-18 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way. (13) And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him. (14) When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt: (15) And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son. (16) Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men. (17) Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, (18) In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
continued...