Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Nike removes homophobic commercial

The athletic apparel retailer said it would pull all ads for its Hyperdunk basketball shoes, amid criticism that the ads were homophobic.

BEAVERTON, ORE. (AP) -- Nike said Friday it would pull its ads for its Hyperdunk basketball shoes, responding to criticism that they fed homophobic views.

for the rest click the link

http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/26/news...ion=2008072610

I think this is crazy but what do you all think?
Old 07-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Saved & Shaved

Re: Nike removes homophobic commercial

ha, that's funny
Old 07-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Matthew 7:6

Speaking of Nike commercials... I love this a parody of a Nike commercial.
So funny!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfhO23NIRP0

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

I think that the article says two distinct things, to me at least. First that the commercial was blown way outta proportion where the first though for a gay person is "that commercial was offensive." Second is that we are becoming a nation that will cater to the gay community. I am not as hard core against gays as some on here. I have always had the stance, politically, that when the voice of the minority is amplified to sound like the voice of the majority then we are gone.

I don't think that America should cater to any 1 thing. It would certainly be nice if the nation was still a Christian nation, but that would not promote balance to the society. Just like on AFF we can disagree, but why go to the degree of personal attacks? What does it accomplish?
Old 07-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
I think that the article says two distinct things, to me at least. First that the commercial was blown way outta proportion where the first though for a gay person is "that commercial was offensive." Second is that we are becoming a nation that will cater to the gay community. I am not as hard core against gays as some on here. I have always had the stance, politically, that when the voice of the minority is amplified to sound like the voice of the majority then we are gone.

I don't think that America should cater to any 1 thing. It would certainly be nice if the nation was still a Christian nation, but that would not promote balance to the society. Just like on AFF we can disagree, but why go to the degree of personal attacks? What does it accomplish?
BINGO!!!!! We cater to much more than that too. We cater to any group that is or claims to be oppressed and we cater to Muslims now too

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:47 PM

I'm convinced: its only a matter of time before preachers who preach against homosexuality will find themselves in court.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
I'm convinced: its only a matter of time before preachers who preach against homosexuality will find themselves in court.
Even if that were to happen, it still wouldn't stop God from convicting someone of that sin. Preachers do not necessarily have to specifically name any sins for God to do His thing and get the person to repent. Didn't we already discuss this once, or was that with someone else?
Old 07-26-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Even if that were to happen, it still wouldn't stop God from convicting someone of that sin. Preachers do not necessarily have to specifically name any sins for God to do His thing and get the person to repent. Didn't we already discuss this once, or was that with someone else?
Someone else, I guess.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
I agree.

It started out that supposedly all homosexuals wanted was to not be persecuted.

Then they just wanted to be "tolerated".

Then they wanted to be "accepted".

Now they want homosexuality to be considered normal and good and promoted in public schools.

The next step will be legislation making speaking against homosexuality as wrong a hate crime. That will eventually include preaching.

After that the next step will be to extend the prohibition against discrimination based on sexual orientation to churches. They will try to say a church must hire regardless of sexual orientation and cannot fire because of it.

It will be interesting to see what the church does at that time.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I agree.

It started out that supposedly all homosexuals wanted was to not be persecuted.

Then they just wanted to be "tolerated".

Then they wanted to be "accepted".

Now they want homosexuality to be considered normal and good and promoted in public schools.

The next step will be legislation making speaking against homosexuality as wrong a hate crime. That will eventually include preaching.

After that the next step will be to extend the prohibition against discrimination based on sexual orientation to churches. They will try to say a church must hire regardless of sexual orientation and cannot fire because of it.

It will be interesting to see what the church does at that time.

Actually that was their agenda in the beginning, but they knew that wouldn't happen. So by taking baby steps they were able to climb the ladder with out anyone really paying attention to what was happening, until they had gained so much ground that it is a lot harder to fight.