Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

ITS HERE! Actual TV Commercial...Airs in one month

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDhDrFrs7as

THAT GAVE ME CHILLS!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Re: ITS HERE! Actual TV Commercial...Airs in one m

The 'Big Brother' privacy implications are huge. If it never went any further then medical info it would be one thing (and even then these devices are so easily hacked. Mythbusters even filmed a segment on how to do it but were not allowed to air it), but it will NOT stop with medical data, rather it will be used to track and data mine everything about you.

Oh yes, and it will be injected into the leg or arm NOT the right hand or forehead.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 AM
The Reformed Charismatic

I'm on a dial-up connection right now and can't see it.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
The 'Big Brother' privacy implications are huge. If it never went any further then medical info it would be one thing (and even then these devices are so easily hacked. Mythbusters even filmed a segment on how to do it but were not allowed to air it), but it will NOT stop with medical data, rather it will be used to track and data mine everything about you.

Oh yes, and it will be injected into the leg or arm NOT the right hand or forehead.
Did you read that somewhere? It would make more sense for a chip used in buying or selling to be in the hand.

My husband read recently that cel phones were going to be used for making purchases.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
Did you read that somewhere? It would make more sense for a chip used in buying or selling to be in the hand.

My husband read recently that cel phones were going to be used for making purchases.
I have heard this numerous times -and it just makes sense. The chip is way too big (it is NOT the size of a grain of rice, OK maybe a really BIG grain) and there is not enough "meat" in the hand or forehead to inject it into.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

All agree that Revelation 14:1-2 is symbolic, in speaking about the name of the Father on the foreheads of the 144,000., Why then do we say Revelation 13:16-18, speaking about the mark of the beast on the foreheads of people is not?
Revelation 13:16 - 14:1 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads .
Both passages speak of something being put on the foreheads of individuals. In fact, the passages, though they separated by the humanly added chapter title "CHAPTER 14," are only one or two verses apart! (The chapter writings in chapter 14 are original, but the chapter and verse title -- " CHAPTER 14" -- was added.) The same imagery is used in both chapters. Most agree that the idea of the name of the Father on the foreheads of the 144,000 is a symbolic picture of the people of God being identified. Nobody believes there will be a literal mark on the foreheads of these people reading "FATHER" or "JESUS", or whatever! Yet the same people will say that the mark or number of the beast on the forehead or right hand is either a physical computer chip or something else that is physical.

So many are unaware of the biblical usage of symbols and therefore don't even recognize the following connection:
Exodus 13:15-16 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all that openeth the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem. And it shall be for a token upon thine hand, and for frontlets between thine eyes: for by strength of hand the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt.
A TOKEN would be placed on their hands and foreheads.
Exodus 13:9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.
The word "TOKEN" is translated from the from the Hebrew " 'owth " {oth} and is probably derived from "'uwth" {ooth} which means "to consent, agree" (in the sense of appearing). It is also translated in the KJV as "sign(s)", "ensign(s)", "miracles", "mark". Its definitions are as follows:
1) sign, signal
1a) a distinguishing mark
1b) banner
1c) remembrance
1d) miraculous sign
1e) omen
1f) warning
2) token, ensign, standard, miracle, proof

So we clearly see the symbolic nature of the token. It even says it is translated as "MARK", and we find that in...
Genesis 4:15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
These frontlets and hand tokens were called PHYLACTERIES by Jesus in Matthew 23:5. For an entire message about this issue check out this study: PHYLACTERIES OF HELL . The Word "Phylacteries" is actually defined in English as "defenses and protections." They were parchments of the laws that specifically were told by God to be regarded as frontlets. When God told Moses to regard these scriptures and truths as frontlets between his eyes (on his forehead) and as bound to his arm, He told Moses that keeping the commandments of His Word would cause the people to be protected and defended by God, Himself. Satan has His counterfeit "Torah and law." He has his kingdom also.

The forehead is a metaphor for the WILL of a person (Ezekiel 3:8-9 -- note how you must interpret the metaphor using the Bible itself, rather than search into science magazines of the present day). The right hand is a metaphor for a person's POWER (Exodus 15:6; Luke 22:69). The idea of a computer chip placed beneath the skin is simply not what the Bible is speaking about in Revelation 13. One would not know that, though, if one did not search the Bible for interpretations rather than the science magazines of today's world. People would have you believe that a claim for the use of allegories in the Bible is actually an excuse for spiritualizing away the word of God. Nonsense. It is using the Bible itself to interpret the Bible.

J. L. Martin, in 1873, wrote these words, having missed the symbolic nature of the book of Revelation chapter 9.
"John is pointing to the modern mode of fighting on horseback, with the rider leaning forward, which, to his sight, and to the sight of one looking on at a distance, would appear as the great mane of the lion; the man leaning on his horse’s neck. He would, in fighting with firearms, have to lean forward to discharge his piece, lest he might shoot down his own horse that he was riding. In John’s day the posture was very different. . . . Now, I want to ask my friendly hearers if it is not as literally fulfilled before our eyes as anything can be? Are not all nations engaged in this mode of warfare? Do they not kill men with fire and smoke and brimstone? . . . Do you not know that this is just ignited gunpowder?"

(JL Martin, The Voice of the Seven Thunders: oc Lectures on the Apocalypse (Bedford, IN: James M. Mathes, Publisher, sixth cd., 1873), pp. 149f.)

Martin looked at his then-modern-day invention of gunpowder and pistols and pointed to Revelation 9 saying this proves John wrote of his day and the pistols of his day. Instead of looking to the Bible for the reference of "locusts", etc., he looked to the science of his day. He would have accused anyone of thinking otherwise that they were spiritualizing the Bible away!

...Just saying.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post

THAT GAVE ME CHILLS!

Yeah, it's a bit nippy out there. I'd turn up the heat if I were you!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I have heard this numerous times -and it just makes sense. The chip is way too big (it is NOT the size of a grain of rice, OK maybe a really BIG grain) and there is not enough "meat" in the hand or forehead to inject it into.
Do you suppose in time they may be able to make one even smaller than that?

Have you heard of the cell phone thing? Something about being able to scan items with your cell phone I think.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

wow!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:14 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
Do you suppose in time they may be able to make one even smaller than that?

Have you heard of the cell phone thing? Something about being able to scan items with your cell phone I think.
iPhone has an app for Weight Watchers and you can scan a product's barcode and it will calculate the points for you. Very possible they can do even more.