Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Re: Steve Pixler Selling Cornerstone Church!

But this I say, brethren, the time is short:
Old 10-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Yep, no drums, no guitars, orchestra music and greeting with a big ole kiss

A few times they had attempted to greet ole Brother B in that manner. Yet, I had to "kindly' give them a nice grab to the shoulder and an extended handshake. I understand the Latin culture's kissing an all but you all pray for me.
you don't like to be greeted with a holy kiss?
Old 10-04-2016, 04:11 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
That was simply mean. No need to get personal. To start making comments about someones wife and kids is beyond juvenile, and certainly not Christlike. But you good ole boys are holier than thou and in self righteousness point and sneer at everyone else. The phonyness of the ultra con love is always manifest when someone leaves their fold. You guys see it as standing for the old paths and uncompromising, everyone else sees it as emulations, jealousy, bitterness and hatred. The UCs true spirit and true love is,manifest when someone leaves. Typically thats when the mask is ripped off. Its sad.

Isn't it ironic that those who leave are always tagged as "bitter", but in reality it seems the ones who seem bitter are those who choose to stay. Seemingly jealous over another mans freedom, while they themselves languish in bondage? And they know they want out, they know they want freedom, but fear the opinions of peers, and the humility that comes from admitting we were wrong all those years.

True, some people leave and make spiritual shipwreck of themselves. A lot of that is on the individual, but also, I believe, a big factor is the unhealthy spiritual environment they leave. While I don't believe oneness pentecostalism is a cult, it certainly shares a lot of physiological and social similarities to groups like Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and 7th Day Adventists. And the reaction of those still in vs those who leave is eerily similar to the cults.
Johnny Knoxville is his hero.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Didn't want to do that when he was on the other team?

Well, well, well, grow a beard, shorten your sleeves, wife gets a crewcut, daughter looks like Morticia Adams, and the whole family gets Birkenstocks, you are considered a hero, level headed, and a theologian?

Wow, Aldous Huxley would be proud.
Elder Benincasa Elder Pixler posted this on AMF and said you personally attacked his daughter was this statement a personal attack on his daughter or a general statement answering Sherri?
Old 10-05-2016, 07:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
That was simply mean. No need to get personal. To start making comments about someones wife and kids is beyond juvenile, and certainly not Christlike. But you good ole boys are holier than thou and in self righteousness point and sneer at everyone else. The phonyness of the ultra con love is always manifest when someone leaves their fold. You guys see it as standing for the old paths and uncompromising, everyone else sees it as emulations, jealousy, bitterness and hatred. The UCs true spirit and true love is,manifest when someone leaves. Typically thats when the mask is ripped off. Its sad.

Isn't it ironic that those who leave are always tagged as "bitter", but in reality it seems the ones who seem bitter are those who choose to stay. Seemingly jealous over another mans freedom, while they themselves languish in bondage? And they know they want out, they know they want freedom, but fear the opinions of peers, and the humility that comes from admitting we were wrong all those years.

True, some people leave and make spiritual shipwreck of themselves. A lot of that is on the individual, but also, I believe, a big factor is the unhealthy spiritual environment they leave. While I don't believe oneness pentecostalism is a cult, it certainly shares a lot of physiological and social similarities to groups like Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and 7th Day Adventists. And the reaction of those still in vs those who leave is eerily similar to the cults.
I think this EB guy should apologize and beg forgiveness. The only way his comment can be taken is as an insult. I can only imagine if he insulted my daughter.
Closed Thread