Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:20 PM
crakjak

How Many of HIS Creation will He Lose to "HELL"?

Isaiah 40:25-26 (ESV):
25 To whom then will you compare me, that I should be like him? Says the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes on high and see: Who created these? Speaking of the Stars.
He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by greatest of His might, and because He is strong in power not one is missing.

God told Abraham: "In your seed shall all the nations (peoples) be blessed, and they shall be as the stars in the heavens in number".

What did He say of the STARS? He knows everyone by name, and then "...by the greatest of His might, and because He is STRONG in power NOT ONE IS MISSING!!!

I say not one will be missing, why doesn't the faithful see the greatest and the power of God to be "the Savior of all men, and the Savior of the whole world"?

If He so cares for the stars, and the sparrows and the hairs of your head, why would he relinquish his highest creation to the evil one to torture endlessly??
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 07-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
25 To whom then will you compare me, that I should be like him? Says the Holy One.
He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by greatest of His might, and because He is strong in power not one is missing.

God told Abraham: "In your seed shall all the nations (peoples) be blessed, and they shall be as the stars in the heavens in number".

What did He say of the STARS? He knows everyone by name, and then "...by the greatest of His might, and because He is STRONG in power NOT ONE IS MISSING!!!

I say not one will be missing, why doesn't the faithful see the greatest and the power of God to be "the Savior of all men, and the Savior of the whole world"?
It's not about the fact the Jesus is Savior, it's whether each individual accepts that fact and repents of their sins, is baptized in obedience to His Word and receives His Gift, the Holy Ghost. God is so powerful that He has given us the power of choice.
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 07-17-2007, 10:58 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
It's not about the fact the Jesus is Savior, it's whether each individual accepts that fact and repents of their sins, is baptized in obedience to His Word and receives His Gift, the Holy Ghost. God is so powerful that He has given us the power of choice.
So God is so great and so loving, that He created man in His image and then gave him a gift of choice so that the majority would reject him and be torched forever???? That does not fit the God of scripture nor does it seem to fit a very astute creator, that fits the twisted mind of fallen man.

There are only three possible positions (in light of scripture) that you could take on this subject:

#1 It is God's purpose to save all sinners, therefore He will eventually save all sinners.

#2 It is not God's purpose to save all (He has chosen not to save all), therefore most will be tortured endlessly or annihilated.

#3 It is God's purpose and will to save all sinners, however He is unable to do so.

To which do you subscribe?
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 07-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Registered Member

Jesus said FEW men will find the way to life. Therefore out of this present age FEW men will be saved.

13: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:15 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Quote:
So God is so great and so loving, that He created man in His image and then gave him a gift of choice so that the majority would reject him and be torched forever???? That does not fit the God of scripture nor does it seem to fit a very astute creator, that fits the twisted mind of fallen man.

There are only three possible positions (in light of scripture) that you could take on this subject:

#1 It is God's purpose to save all sinners, therefore He will eventually save all sinners.

#2 It is not God's purpose to save all (He has chosen not to save all), therefore most will be tortured endlessly or annihilated.

#3 It is God's purpose and will to save all sinners, however He is unable to do so.

To which do you subscribe?

Brother,

Your ideals and beliefs posted on this thread and DA's thread have been the doctrinal beliefs of the Universalists and I would have to admit I feared that you were being deceived when I read your posts.

As you know, the Universalists teach that all people will eventually be saved through the atoning work of Christ. Proponents of universalism must, therefore, maintain that there is no unforgivable sin. For if there were, then their theory that all people will be saved would be proven wrong.
Jesus said there was a sin that would not be forgiven in "this age or the age to come.

"And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come." Matt. 12:32

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven in the age to come.
At the end of this age, "the age to come" begins and it has no end.
Heb. 6:6 and Heb. 10:26 also show us that there are conditions of non-forgiveness.

Universalism is not true.

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 07-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:

If He so cares for the stars, and the sparrows and the hairs of your head, why would he relinquish his highest creation to the evil one to torture endlessly??
Are you serious? In one verse God says he not one STAR is missing and in the other he tells Abraham that his children will be as numerous as the stars and somehow you are going to make a leap that God really meant people, not stars????

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:15 AM
Go Dodgers!

To me God is......

The sad reality is many many people today are worshiping a false god made in their own image or imagination and not the one based on what the bible says. Many people today interject their own arguments and feelings and emotions and beliefs into the word or out right just reject the word for a god of their own making.

Rather than go to the word to see what God is and form their beliefs accordingly, they instead use humanistic concepts, emotions, feelins and philosophy to reject the God of the bible.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:36 AM
DEAK

To wit God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.

The path is there.....

the penalty has been paid......

Jesus is the saviour whether or not someone follows....

How sad it is that people walk away from him when His lovingkindness is better than life and his tender mercies are new every morning.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:59 AM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
Brother,

Your ideals and beliefs posted on this thread and DA's thread have been the doctrinal beliefs of the Universalists and I would have to admit I feared that you were being deceived when I read your posts.

As you know, the Universalists teach that all people will eventually be saved through the atoning work of Christ. Proponents of universalism must, therefore, maintain that there is no unforgivable sin. For if there were, then their theory that all people will be saved would be proven wrong.
Jesus said there was a sin that would not be forgiven in "this age or the age to come.

"And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come." Matt. 12:32

Heb. 6:6 and Heb. 10:26 also show us that there are conditions of non-forgiveness.

Because something is not forgiven in this age or the age to come is not proof that it will never be forgiven, for the scripture speaks of many ages, such as the age of the ages. We see "thru a glass darkly", and His mercies never fail!

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 07-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
Brother,

Universalism is a delusion.