Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-28-2021, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

Vaccine Mandates and GDP

I don't have the answers on this one but I'm just here to pose the question.

If say 20% of workers leave their jobs due to vaccine mandates that will lead to a highly negative impact on GDP (implies X% less money moving through our system) which will lead to less demand for certain products/services and potentially more demand for others, all the while lowering our servicing and production capacity.

Overall I think it's going to lead to a minefield where certain items like essential goods and services see high inflation due to consistent demand and less production (think hamburger meat and other products most all americans tend to use). While other products/services will see less demand and less production leading to little to no inflation in their prices (possibly cars). Then there's also the products that lose demand but get lucky and keep production (leading to deflation of their prices - which will lead to layoffs unless prices rebound quickly).

Seriously, the vaccine mandates could lead to a depression and major issues for businessess+consumers if enough people quit their jobs over them. Why isn't this being talked about anywhere?

Last edited by jfrog; 10-28-2021 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:11 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Vaccine Mandates and GDP

Adam Smith covered this in "Wealth of Nations;" we are experiencing a communist command economy which always results in shortages and depression.
Old 10-29-2021, 06:48 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Adam Smith covered this in "Wealth of Nations;" we are experiencing a communist command economy which always results in shortages and depression.

Old 10-29-2021, 07:10 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
Seriously, the vaccine mandates could lead to a depression and major issues for businessess+consumers if enough people quit their jobs over them. Why isn't this being talked about anywhere?
Because the media and the left (but I repeat myself), either don't realize or - more likely - don't care.

I'm more curious about the impetus behind the mandates. Why are they pressuring so many people to get the jab? We've all seen the studies that show effectiveness wearing off significantly within just a few months. Either they're completely ignorant, living in their own bubbles, or there's something more sinister going on behind the scenes.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 10-29-2021, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Because the media and the left (but I repeat myself), either don't realize or - more likely - don't care.

I'm more curious about the impetus behind the mandates. Why are they pressuring so many people to get the jab? We've all seen the studies that show effectiveness wearing off significantly within just a few months. Either they're completely ignorant, living in their own bubbles, or there's something more sinister going on behind the scenes.
Pride, vainglory, and probably even hate (majority of those that want a choice are of the Bible believers opposite party), masked as “it is the morally right thing to do”.
Old 10-29-2021, 08:16 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Old 10-29-2021, 09:01 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Actually it all boils down to one thing. Making a buck. Politicians find out pretty quick that the political game is monetary gain. Just like religion, some individuals in leadership start out virtuous, but the taste of power over the Plebeians, and the brethren bring total corruption. While the priest, preacher, rabbi, and guru, blame their respective deity as their justifications for their motives. The politicians claim benevolence for the people as their motivator. People for the most part are trusting, and we believe what leaders tell us, backed by the crowd who follow such leaders. The media assures us that our side is winning, and the other side is evil. We tend to be appeased by all of that and remain in our condition until as the proverbial "frog in the kettle" we end up boiled to death in complete bliss and ignorance. Right now we are being set up for a president who will come and make all the bad go away. We are deep in a situation which are akin to being under the wheels of the chariot. Our country is being taken apart bit by bit. Some Christians of this country will be swallowed up whole, and others will be more then happy to inform on their "ignorant" brethren who refused to bend a knee to the Governmental Image of GOLD. The next three years will be bone crushing, as the water slowly comes to a boil. All motivated by money, and power. Then at the end of the three years we will be ready for Adolf Hitler to come and apply a soothing balm for our fourth degree burns we got in the heated kettle.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Not sinister.

The mandates have 3 important side effects - to demonize the other side, to show they are taking action against covid, and to punish the other side.

But here’s the thing I see. It’s getting better without mandates. States resistant to mask and vaccine mandates are improving just as much as states with strict enforcement of them. Most mandates haven’t even taken effect yet and covid key metrics are dropping fast and even were before the mandates were announced. Almost seems like this was designed as a ploy to take credit for something already occurring.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:48 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
Not sinister.

The mandates have 3 important side effects - to demonize the other sidep, to show they are taking action against covid, and to punish the other side.
Oh yeah, I see what you mean. Absolutely nothing "sinister" about that.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 10-29-2021, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Oh yeah, I see what you mean. Absolutely nothing "sinister" about that.
Trying to gain political points / limit the opposition political gains isn’t sinister.