Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

The Contention Between Oneness and Trinity Churches.

I found this and I thought this might strike up a good conversation here.
What do you think about this man's comments ?
http://unitedchristianchurch.com/node/64#comment-102
Old 05-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Urban Pastor

What is sad is that both LIE about what the other really believes. It is a shame and a disgrace.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
What is sad is that both LIE about what the other really believes. It is a shame and a disgrace.

in what way ?

LIE on purpose ??
Old 05-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Urban Pastor

Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
in what way ?

LIE on purpose ??
Sure they do - Do you know of ANYBODY that has the Holy Ghost that believes in "THREE GOD"S?

Do you know ANY Oneness that "denies the Father"?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sure they do - Do you know of ANYBODY that has the Holy Ghost that believes in "THREE GOD"S?

Do you know ANY Oneness that "denies the Father"?
My main contention is with quote-unquote Trinitarians or ministers like TD Jakes that insert "co-existant" or "co-eternal" into the Godhead.

I have a tape of TDJ preaching, during which he seems to be reading the UPC's doctrine of the Godhead . . . but suddenly inserts those two words into it.

I've read one or both of the same words on several big-name church websites I've visited.

I don't agree with the wording. Do we really believe the Father, Son and Holy Spirit to be co-existent or co-eternal?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Urban Pastor

You did not answer my question!

Neither word - Trinity or Oneness - describes the Godhead.
They describe the divisional doctrines that MAN has written to divide the Body of Christ.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Invisible Thad

AB,

I see more annomosity from AoG and COG then from any other group.
I think it stems from the Original fallout back in the Yearly years and
fued was passed down for many generations. many cannot get it out of their heads that we are "jesus only" meaning that we deny any aspect of the father and HG.
I do realize and readily admit that some of the Oneness helped to create this too. I have had Trinitarian pentecostals tell me that they remember when Oneness people would come into their camp meetings and conferences and start helling " all of you are going to hell if you don't get baptized in JN".
Old 05-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Urban Pastor

Thad - Years ago - I would have "Oneness" people - mostly UPC come in my Tent meetings and hand out tracts and put them in the offering buckets and they would always stick around at the end of the service and ask me - "How do you baptize?" I always thought it was so strange that water baptism was their MAIN FOCUS!
I always answered - "IN WATER!"
I would have to ask them kindly - Please do not approach the people and give them your tracts and do not put your tracts and literature on peoples cars. They were usually rude, condescending and very argumentative.

The main point of our meetings were to get people saved and healed. These peoples main point was to prove us wrong and them right and that THEY HAD THE TRUTH AND WE DID NOT!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

The difference is real. I have been discussing/contending with Trins for many years. The problem is they have changed the definition of ONE. They deny that one is absolute concerning God.

Then they can say God is one and still say there are three co equal, co eternal, persons who are each one God in his own right. This is catastrophic to Biblical Oneness.

Three persons of God instead of one. Those who define it this way as most I have talked with do ARE denying the Oneness of God.

Why does not 3 PERSONS OF GOD=3 GODS?

I also realize most of them have never studied it very deep.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Thad - Years ago - I would have "Oneness" people - mostly UPC come in my Tent meetings and hand out tracts and put them in the offering buckets and they would always stick around at the end of the service and ask me - "How do you baptize?" I always thought it was so strange that water baptism was their MAIN FOCUS!
I always answered - "IN WATER!"
I would have to ask them kindly - Please do not approach the people and give them your tracts and do not put your tracts and literature on peoples cars. They were usually rude, condescending and very argumentative. The main point of our meetings were to get people saved and healed. These peoples main point was to prove us wrong and them right and that THEY HAD THE TRUTH AND WE DID NOT!

NOT THE SAINTS!!!! NOT THE SAINT OF THE MOST HIGH!!!

THEY WOULD NEVER ACT THIS WAY !! THE HOLY WONDERS IN ISRAEL!