Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Go Dodgers!

Who are the Saints in this verse?

Rev 13:7 The beast was permitted to go to war against the saints and conquer them. He was given ruling authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation,
Old 05-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

I feel this could be saints who were being persecuted by imperial rome.
Seeing as how the book of Revelation as well as being a prophetic book ,was also an epistle written to the seven churches in Asia Minor.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

well, I'm sure you'll get several opinions on that one.

As a pre-trib person, my opinion is that these folks here are those who have turned to Jesus after the rapture and could be both Jews and Gentiles. Just my opinion.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 05-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
well, I'm sure you'll get several opinions on that one.

As a pre-trib person, my opinion is that these folks here are those who have turned to Jesus after the rapture and could be both Jews and Gentiles. Just my opinion.
Why would God permit him to go to war with them?
Old 05-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Registered Member

The Saints are the Church. Its simple The Beast is given to kill the Saints until the Lord comes. This is sound doctrine.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Rev 13:7 The beast was permitted to go to war against the saints and conquer them. He was given ruling authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation,
The saints are not the Church. The Church was removed from the Earth before this. These saints are the people who come to Christ after the Church is removed from the Earth in the blessed hope (the event often referred to as the "rapture"). Many of these saints will be martyred for their faith.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Why would God permit him to go to war with them?
Why not? His Spirit was taken from the Earth and Satan was given free-rein. At that time, Satan will be allowed to do pretty much whatever he wants on Earth until Jesus returns (with the Church) at the end of Daniel's 70th week to cast Satan into the bottomless pit and then reign on Earth for 1,000 years (after which, Satan will be released and allowed to deceive the nations one more time before finally being cast into the lake of fire).
Old 05-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan View Post
The saints are not the Church. The Church was removed from the Earth before this. These saints are the people who come to Christ after the Church is removed from the Earth in the blessed hope (the event often referred to as the "rapture"). Many of these saints will be martyred for their faith.
It pains me to agree with Chan however on this I do.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
It pains me to agree with Chan however on this I do.
Be comforted. It is error.

Since the Spirit is gone after the church is raptured, according to Chan, none can be saved. A little scripture is buzzing around in my mind that you will clearly recall; "without the spirit of Christ you are none of his."

No Holy Ghost baptism...no salvation. I thought that you was an ardent Jn 3:5/Acts 2:38 believer. Am I mistaken.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
Be comforted. It is error.

Since the Spirit is gone after the church is raptured, according to Chan, none can be saved. A little scripture is buzzing around in my mind that you will clearly recall; "without the spirit of Christ you are none of his."

No Holy Ghost baptism...no salvation. I thought that you was an ardent Jn 3:5/Acts 2:38 believer. Am I mistaken.
This is where you are in error!

While those who put their trust in Christ after the "rapture" are not part of the Church, they do have a place in God's kingdom just as the Old Testament saints (who also didn't have the Holy Ghost) do. Are you saying that Seth, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the various other Old Testament saints aren't saved? Are you saying they're burning in the lake of fire (since, in your mind, the only people who are saved are those who obeyed Acts 2:38 as you wrongly interpret it and not as it is actually written)?