Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Registered Member

Who has the WORD of God for the Saints?

The preacher? At first, sure! New saints need to learn and grow, and cannot clearly hear from the Lord at first. But that is for new believers. the saints are not to look at the pastor as ever having the word of God for their lives. That is Old Testament mentality. One of the many differences between the old and new testaments is the fact that believers today can all enter the holiest and hear directly from God.

Quote:
Heb 8:7-12 KJV For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. (8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (10) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Some people could make a statue weep

I think that was only for 70 ad
Old 04-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Saved & Shaved

tisk tisk
Old 04-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actaeon View Post
I think that was only for 70 ad

Wrong.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
The preacher? At first, sure! New saints need to learn and grow, and cannot clearly hear from the Lord at first. But that is for new believers. the saints are not to look at the pastor as ever having the word of God for their lives. That is Old Testament mentality. One of the many differences between the old and new testaments is the fact that believers today can all enter the holiest and hear directly from God.

Then what pray tell is the 5 fold ministry for?
Old 04-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

You are behind times 70AD finished that when Satan got bound.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:45 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Act 2.46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with simplicity of heart.

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Amen, Bro. I go to the "temple" but seems we may have missed something.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 04-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

So since this is fulfilled NO MAN is to teach his neighbor NO witnessing-preaching-teaching by anyone because EVERYONE knows the Lord! Why are you going to start a church in Cal. since everyone already knows the Lord? That is the question?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
So since this is fulfilled NO MAN is to teach his neighbor NO witnessing-preaching-teaching by anyone because EVERYONE knows the Lord! Why are you going to start a church in Cal. since everyone already knows the Lord? That is the question?

You totally missed the point. It is talking about saints, not sinners. Do we believe what Hebrews 8 said or not?

The ministry is to mature the saints so they can personally know God and hear from Him. But the ministry is always gifted as well to minister words of God to others. And just as preachers need preachers, so do the saints.

Hebrews 8 is not saying we do not need to witness or reach people with the Gospel, and neither was I saying that. It is saying that everyone can enter the holiest and hear God. This does nothing against the five fold ministry who have a gift in relating words of God to others, but it does say at the same time that God speaks to each one who is saved as well. The idea that the preacher hears from God so the saints do not ever have to, is waaay offkey and unscriptural. That is the point.

Quote:
Then what pray tell is the 5 fold ministry for?
Do we think the five fold ministry is for the fact that saints should never hear from God? My My. the five fold ministry is to bring the church members to perfection so they can hear from God. We do not gather to church because saints cannot hear from God and need a catholic priest. Aside from the obvious task of reaching sinners, we gather in church for the immature saints to learn how to work with God and for the mature body to minister together and do His work.This idea that says the preacher gets the word and the saints just pray is way out.

THIS is church:

Quote:
1Co 14:24-25 KJV But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: (25) And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.
How many places does this happen? Oh that God would lead us all to this sort of church meeting.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
You totally missed the point. It is talking about saints, not sinners. Do we believe what Hebrews 8 said or not?

The ministry is to mature the saints so they can personally know God and hear from Him. But the ministry is always gifted as well to minister words of God to others. And just as preachers need preachers, so do the saints.

Hebrews 8 is not saying we do not need to witness or reach people with the Gospel, and neither was I saying that. It is saying that everyone can enter the holiest and hear God. This does nothing against the five fold ministry who have a gift in relating words of God to others, but it does say at the same time that God speaks to each one who is saved as well. The idea that the preacher hears from God so the saints do not ever have to, is waaay offkey and unscriptural. That is the point.

Do we think the five fold ministry is for the fact that saints should never hear from God? My My. the five fold ministry is to bring the church members to perfection so they can hear from God. We do not gather to church because saints cannot hear from God and need a catholic priest. Aside from the obvious task of reaching sinners, we gather in church for the immature saints to learn how to work with God and for the mature body to minister together and do His work.This idea that says the preacher gets the word and the saints just pray is way out.

THIS is church:

How many places does this happen? Oh that God would lead us all to this sort of church meeting.

Amen when we get to church we need to be hearing confirmation of the words that Jesus has already been telling us all day/week.