Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

Jeff Arnold DVDS

Anyone know where I can find some Jeff Arnold dvds? Can anyone recommend some of his best sermons on dvd?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Re: Jeff Arnold DVDS

Would you settle for some Tom Arnold DVD's? True Lies is a great one. Too bad they never made a sequal.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Would you settle for some Tom Arnold DVD's? True Lies is a great one. Too bad they never made a sequal.
not funny
Old 03-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
Anyone know where I can find some Jeff Arnold dvds? Can anyone recommend some of his best sermons on dvd?
You can order from Alexandria. I love 2001 BOTT "Disturbed into Your Destiny" But I have never heard him preach a bad one. So any you can get will be awesome.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Accepts all friends requests

I am opposed to watching ministers on video that is opposed by others. I believe the preacher you mentioned also opposes this opposition to the distribution of DVDs or other videos. To view these DVDs one must have equipment that is suspiciously similar to a television. Also, as already stated, Hollywood distributes its smut on DVDs; so we must oppose their attempt to undermine our opposition to forces that would oppose us.

BTW - with Fargo underwater, how's that "Progress" thing coming along? Obama must really hate NoDak people.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
I am opposed to watching ministers on video that is opposed by others. I believe the preacher you mentioned also opposes this opposition to the distribution of DVDs or other videos. To view these DVDs one must have equipment that is suspiciously similar to a television. Also, as already stated, Hollywood distributes its smut on DVDs; so we must oppose their attempt to undermine our opposition to forces that would oppose us.

BTW - with Fargo underwater, how's that "Progress" thing coming along? Obama must really hate NoDak people.
Amen! GUILT BY ASSOCIATION is the best sentence for guilt there is! If DVD's are used for sinful things, then Christian DVD's can only lead to sin!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 03-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
not funny
I respectfully disagree.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:09 PM
the ultracon

Here's a classic Jeff Arnold video clip, mocking the Apostle of magic hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8jv7e9-fMo
Old 03-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Administrator

My take on JA is that the "rough around the edges / crude personna" was genuine when he was a lot younger and he first made it big in the UPC. I remember as a teen about 30 years ago I loved him.

However there was a span of probably close to twenty years where I did not see or hear him and then when I did it was jarring. Nobody could be his age and as smart as he is and still be so uncouth and crude unless they just wanted to be. I think what early in life was natural became a schtick, what he is known for, what makes him distinctive.

Back in the late 70's I really enjoyed his magic tricks. Does he still do any? He was very good.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:33 PM
the ultracon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
My take on JA is that the "rough around the edges / crude personna" was genuine when he was a lot younger and he first made it big in the UPC. I remember as a teen about 30 years ago I loved him.

However there was a span of probably close to twenty years where I did not see or hear him and then when I did it was jarring. Nobody could be his age and as smart as he is and still be so uncouth and crude unless they just wanted to be. I think what early in life was natural became a schtick, what he is known for, what makes him distinctive.

Back in the late 70's I really enjoyed his magic tricks. Does he still do any? He was very good.
Not much. My wife and I met jeff and his wife @ 1973 at a conference in indianna. The FCM or Fellowship of Christian Magicians. We were the only UPC folks in attendance.

He gave me a bunch of his old tricks. Really a nice guy.

He preached our mens conference last year and was plesuable to hear. Very little of the crude schtick he lays out at BOTT.