Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-22-2022, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Re: Meal prepping for the week

Quote:
=Evang.Benincasa;1608819]No matter what the subject, someone knows a story about an idiot.

Quote:
Well, if Peter went into a house and they were serving gumbo prior Acts 10:14, he would of turned it away. So, no, they didn't eat everything, to make their hosts happy.
He didn’t know what he was missing!
Old 03-22-2022, 02:49 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Reminds me of a story one of my teachers told in 8th grade. He visited Vietnam, and went to a village out in the boonies. They served them a meal, and it was boiled shrimp that were never deveined. He told about cutting into it, and green stuff oozed out. However, it would have been an offense to the villagers - who have so little - to decline the food that was served.

That story stuck me, to the point that I never felt inclined to eat shrimp afterwards.
What's that yellow stuff that oozes out of crawdads?
Old 03-22-2022, 02:50 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post

He didn’t know what he was missing!
Not doubt, he probably loved eating skrimps and crawdads in gumbo.
Old 03-22-2022, 02:51 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Vitameatavegemin?
Its tasty too!
Old 03-22-2022, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

EB how do you get your meat? Local butcher?

We have raised chickens for eggs and once raised pigs. I live on 20 acres and have considered getting some cows, but it has a pretty large startup cost.
Old 03-22-2022, 03:21 PM
New User

Quote:
Gwynn Oakes has a book called, “The Front Row”. In that book she had an evangelist come into their home who was very health conscious. He would join her before every meal to see how she prepared the meal. He would only eat certain foods, that where cooked a certain way, and didn’t want her to use certain cookware. She came in to the sanctuary one morning to find him standing on his head. He explained, . that if you stand on your head so long each day it will help you think more clearly.

Luke 10:8
And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:

Jesus disciples weren’t afforded the luxury of being picky.
Jesus disciples observed OT diet restrictions.
Old 03-22-2022, 03:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Jesus disciples observed OT diet restrictions.
Agreed, but this verse has relevance in the conversation. IMO. Vegetables, meats, fruits are all foods, and all have health benefits. Moderation is key. Jesus was preparing his disciples for a time after Acts 10. I have a lady at our church now who is borderline calling it a sin to eat meat. I am dealing with the situation and trying to get her to understand that from a health standpoint some foods maybe better, but not to get that confused with spirituality. Of course gluttony is a sin but a cheeseburger is not. I know that is not what is the discussion here, but it is common for people to make their preferences the gospel truth.
Old 03-22-2022, 03:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Agreed, but this verse has relevance in the conversation. IMO. Vegetables, meats, fruits are all foods, and all have health benefits. Moderation is key. Jesus was preparing his disciples for a time after Acts 10. I have a lady at our church now who is borderline calling it a sin to eat meat. I am dealing with the situation and trying to get her to understand that from a health standpoint some foods maybe better, but not to get that confused with spirituality. Of course gluttony is a sin but a cheeseburger is not. I know that is not what is the discussion here, but it is common for people to make their preferences the gospel truth.
The Levitical priesthood were sinners for eating the animals they offered on the altar? Also the tithe of animals were also given back to the offerors, the priests kept certain parts, the remaining was given to God. Was Israel partaking in sin when they ate the Passover lamb? When Jesus fed the 5,000 was Jesus sinning when he provided animal products to the people? When the Psalmist said sweet is the honey of the honeycomb, and the honey is compared to God's word. Honey is a byproduct of an animal. Like milk , butter, yogurt, kefir, and cheese all by products of animals.
Old 03-22-2022, 04:04 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I use to always make my own anchovy pizzas. I would eat an anchovy pizzas every night. One personal pie, which is about a 8 inch pie. Everything on this pie from the crust "homemade" to the cheese grass fed sheep, goats, or cattle. all the vegetables seasonal and were farm fresh Back in those days it was my only meal because I ate one meal a day. Now, that was moderation, correct?
Old 03-22-2022, 04:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
EB how do you get your meat? Local butcher?

We have raised chickens for eggs and once raised pigs. I live on 20 acres and have considered getting some cows, but it has a pretty large startup cost.
Either Whole Foods or a small butcher shop down the block. Grass grazed beef is what I eat. All my eggs are from my own birds, that are foraging chickens. I don't eat my own birds, because they are all named by my daughters, or church children. I have a brother in the church who sells seafood.