Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-22-2022, 10:29 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Meal prepping for the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
I was pondering my response to his post, but you did it for me
Old 03-22-2022, 10:34 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Bro Benincasa, I dont agree that the vegan diet is bad, but I'm going to desist because at this point its beating a dead horse and everyone has their mind made up already.
Vegans have to have supplements. I and my wife were on strict vegan diets. It caused issues with myself, and issues with my wife during pregnancy and nursing. It is without a doubt a bad route for older males who need testosterone to live. Man does not live by bean burritos washed down with estrogen building soy milk.
Old 03-22-2022, 10:36 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
You can take a man out of the South, but you cannot completely take the South out of the man.
Too funny.
Old 03-22-2022, 11:59 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
You stayed that you need supplements. Correct?

Would you need them if you ate meat?
Truth be told, I'm not vegan because I eat fish.

Fish provides b12, omegas, D, and iodine. Exactly the nutrients a vegan diet is lacking, which is why I eat fish.

I'm guessing Bros Benincasa and Esaias take supplements even though they are meat eaters.

I'm guessing it is difficult to get everything you need from diet alone no matter what your diet is.

A daily multivitamin covers most of the possible missing nutrients.

Last edited by Amanah; 03-22-2022 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-22-2022, 01:28 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Take all your vitta mins

Vitameatavegemin?
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 03-22-2022, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

Gwynn Oakes has a book called, “The Front Row”. In that book she had an evangelist come into their home who was very health conscious. He would join her before every meal to see how she prepared the meal. He would only eat certain foods, that where cooked a certain way, and didn’t want her to use certain cookware. She came in to the sanctuary one morning to find him standing on his head. He explained, . that if you stand on your head so long each day it will help you think more clearly.

Luke 10:8
And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:

Jesus disciples weren’t afforded the luxury of being picky.
Old 03-22-2022, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

August 2001 is my spiritual birthday. I was only 21 but I had a beer gut from pizza, cheeseburgers, French fries, and daily case of natural light beer. When I was filled with the Holy Ghost I felt drawn to fasting and moderation. Ever Sunday, I remember going to kappis steakhouse (all you can eat buffet) and watching all my church friends piling up their plates. I felt a conviction to stop with one plate. I wasn’t focused on nutrition, but only that I didn’t want to be gluttonous like I was before. Within months, I don’t know how much weight I had lost, but I know I lost because I had to go down pant sizes. My food conviction later wained after marriage and having children. I regret having lost Self control in the food area.

1 Cor. 6:11-12 “All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.”
Old 03-22-2022, 01:54 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:

Reminds me of a story one of my teachers told in 8th grade. He visited Vietnam, and went to a village out in the boonies. They served them a meal, and it was boiled shrimp that were never deveined. He told about cutting into it, and green stuff oozed out. However, it would have been an offense to the villagers - who have so little - to decline the food that was served.

That story stuck me, to the point that I never felt inclined to eat shrimp afterwards.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 03-22-2022, 02:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Gwynn Oakes has a book called, “The Front Row”. In that book she had an evangelist come into their home who was very health conscious. He would join her before every meal to see how she prepared the meal. He would only eat certain foods, that where cooked a certain way, and didn’t want her to use certain cookware. She came in to the sanctuary one morning to find him standing on his head. He explained, . that if you stand on your head so long each day it will help you think more clearly.
No matter what the subject, someone knows a story about an idiot.

Quote:

Well, if Peter went into a house and they were serving gumbo prior Acts 10:14, he would of turned it away. So, no, they didn't eat everything, to make their hosts happy.
Old 03-22-2022, 02:46 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
August 2001 is my spiritual birthday. I was only 21 but I had a beer gut from pizza, cheeseburgers, French fries, and daily case of natural light beer. When I was filled with the Holy Ghost I felt drawn to fasting and moderation. Ever Sunday, I remember going to kappis steakhouse (all you can eat buffet) and watching all my church friends piling up their plates. I felt a conviction to stop with one plate. I wasn’t focused on nutrition, but only that I didn’t want to be gluttonous like I was before. Within months, I don’t know how much weight I had lost, but I know I lost because I had to go down pant sizes. My food conviction later wained after marriage and having children. I regret having lost Self control in the food area.

1 Cor. 6:11-12 “All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.”