Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-12-2018, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Re: Well Known Ministers Coming To Oneness

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
No. But in the late 90’s and maybe early 2000’s baptism in Jesus’ name was on the SOF belonging to the churches pastored by Rod Parsley and Paula White.
I just checked out Rod's current SOF and it has a section on baptism but does not indicate what words are spoken.

Mr. Google did come up with this tweet from Rod Dec 10, 2017 regarding Acts 2:38

https://twitter.com/RealRodParsley/s...80679118114816
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I just checked out Rod's current SOF and it has a section on baptism but does not indicate what words are spoken.

Mr. Google did come up with this tweet from Rod Dec 10, 2017 regarding Acts 2:38

Remind me never to go on Twitter and read the posts.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

I’m. Late 90’s. Never stated it was current.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post

Hmmmmm could not nail anything down but hopeful?
Old 02-13-2018, 02:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Rod Parsley
Rod Parsley
@RealRodParsley
So proud of all those participating in the Holy sacrament of Water Baptism this morning. When you go down in that watery grave, everything old dies, and you’re resurrected a new creature in Christ. #WHCLife
10:13 AM · Feb 11, 2018 from Ohio, USA

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-13-2018, 02:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Rod Parsley
Rod Parsley
@RealRodParsley
So proud of all those participating in the Holy sacrament of Water Baptism this morning. When you go down in that watery grave, everything old dies, and you’re resurrected a new creature in Christ. #WHCLife
10:13 AM · Feb 11, 2018 from Ohio, USA
So my brother is Rodney saying that you must be baptized in Jesus name?
Old 02-13-2018, 02:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
So my brother is Rodney saying that you must be baptized in Jesus name?
I have no idea. I had a thread awhile back on Baptists and Presbyterians claiming water baptism is essential and connected to receiving remission of sins, etc. So its been my experience that many hold similar views to ourselves regarding the importance of baptism. As for formulas, I suspect RP uses the trinitarian formula, or one of the compromise formulas. I don't see him being as famous as he is (TBN, Daystar, etc) and going "Jesus Only". I could be wrong, though.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-13-2018, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I have no idea. I had a thread awhile back on Baptists and Presbyterians claiming water baptism is essential and connected to receiving remission of sins, etc. So its been my experience that many hold similar views to ourselves regarding the importance of baptism. As for formulas, I suspect RP uses the trinitarian formula, or one of the compromise formulas. I don't see him being as famous as he is (TBN, Daystar, etc) and going "Jesus Only". I could be wrong, though.

If a "compromise formula" is used, what is the result? What does God not impute to the one being baptized?

"I now baptize you into the authority that the Father gave to the Son and that is shed forth by the Holy Ghost, through the mighty name of Jesus Christ, and for his sake. Amen"

I like that one because it is actually emphasizing what Christ was describing in Matthew 28:18-19..
Old 02-13-2018, 07:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Imagine if people just had a Bible, read the book of Acts, and never found out what the Internet was.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
If a "compromise formula" is used, what is the result? What does God not impute to the one being baptized?

"I now baptize you into the authority that the Father gave to the Son and that is shed forth by the Holy Ghost, through the mighty name of Jesus Christ, and for his sake. Amen"

I like that one because it is actually emphasizing what Christ was describing in Matthew 28:18-19..
Saying what Jesus said to do, and doing what Jesus said to do, are two different things. That whatever you call it that you "like" doesn't qualify as either one.

What do people have against "in the name of Jesus Christ"? Why the unceasing demand to ensure some semblance of the trinity formula is present?

Jesus ain't enough, that's why. And what does that say about a person's faith?