Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-19-2022, 10:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Meal prepping for the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
I should say everything I read and seen was 20-30grams sugar max.
25-28g of carbs, but you be surprised how many people eat that low of carbs and still not achieve ketosis. The main thing is everyone is different, and people make diet changes without lifestyle changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
Definitely not McDonald’s, but we have eat out too much the last few years. Wendy’s is my fast food of choice. Eat meat,egg, toast for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, and usually have a meat and carbs supper.
You went from ketogenic (I'm assuming) to just eat a normal American diet. You were able to do that? Wendy's? No wonder you are blowing up the bathroom. High carb high fat diet, gas and indigestion, and slightly overweight? Hey, if you are thriving, have at it.
Old 03-19-2022, 10:04 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
Is too much red meat bad for the heart?
(Like I’ve heard so long)
No. did you happen to watch the video?
Old 03-19-2022, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
No. did you happen to watch the video?
Yes sir. I plan on watching some of his other stuff.
If he hit on red meat affecting the heart I missed it, I just heard about high protein not effecting the kidneys, but I was doing squats while I had it playing so I may have missed something

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 03-19-2022 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-19-2022, 10:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Yes sir. I plan on watching some of his other stuff.
If he hit on red meat affecting the heart I missed it, I just heard about high protein not effecting the kidneys, but I was doing squats while I had it playing so I may have missed something

Old 03-19-2022, 10:27 PM

I see mixed reviews online on the “excessive” red meat causing heart disease. (Why I was wondering).
I thought you might have some thoughts on that, having possibly researched it more thoroughly, Bro. Benincasa?

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 03-19-2022 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-20-2022, 03:22 AM
Covenant Apostolic

The Mediterranean diet is evidence based, and highly recommended by physicians

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...terranean-diet

Heart disease is a major problem around the world.

However, research shows that the incidence of heart disease seems to be lower among people living in Italy, Greece, and other countries around the Mediterranean, compared with those living in the United States. Studies suggest that diet may play a role.

People around the Mediterranean have traditionally followed a diet that’s rich in plant-based foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, breads, legumes, potatoes, nuts, and seeds.

The main dietary fat is extra virgin olive oil, and people also consume moderate amounts of red wine, fish, poultry, dairy, and eggs. Meanwhile, red meat plays only a small part.

This eating pattern has started to become popular around the world as a means to improve health and prevent disease.

Several randomized controlled trials, which are reliable and effective methods of research, have looked at the possible benefits of this diet.

This article looks at 5 long-term controlled trials on the Mediterranean diet. All of them appear in respected, peer-reviewed journals.

Last edited by Amanah; 03-20-2022 at 03:32 AM.
Old 03-20-2022, 05:33 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I see mixed reviews online on the “excessive” red meat causing heart disease. (Why I was wondering).
I thought you might have some thoughts on that, having possibly researched it more thoroughly, Bro. Benincasa?
Red meat being bad for you is from 1960. The rarer the better, bloodier the better. Let’s take the the African Maasai people. They eat meat, they drink animal blood and milk. No heart disease. You can’t get any redder than those guys. High carb, high fat diets is what makes us fat, and sick. Red meat, and organ meats is what we have been eating for thousands of years. The way people talk civilization shouldn’t even of made it to now. Man should’ve been extinct, because of high protein low carb diets. What about the Inuit? Diet hugely consisting of meat. Heart disease and obesity hit these people since the introduction of Western diets. Now matching Good Samaritan burping and tweeting.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:23 AM

Good Samaritan, in my opinion, eat right, sleep right, excercise right are probably the top 3 to aid in good health.

Eat right- meaning atleast ditch the sugar(DRINKS and food) and eat low carbs. Mostly meat and veggies…I do eat some brown rice, a small potatoe or similiar, but very little breads, but I try to burn those carbs up a couple hours later on weight training. But intentionally not eating those carbs before bed. (My work is somewhat physically active too, which weighs in)

Get 8 hrs of good sleep

Weight train (at least some kind of resistance training throughout the week)
Fast pace walk or jog 2-3x a week, or something similar like I have a friend that does Tae Kwon Do a few times a week and gets a good cardio work out fir the heart muscle and circulation.

When I ever hit Wendy’s, which is very seldom, it’s a large bowl of chili, (instead of fries and a hi carb(bun) hormoned hamburger).
HEALTHY low carb homemade pizza is much better than Mazzios or Pizza hut. My wife makes that and we devour it.

Everyone has to tweak their diet just a little to fit their personal lifestyle and genetics (like metabolism), (tracking calories if necessary)

Start somewhere-
“I can’t, never did”.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by shag; 03-20-2022 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:25 AM

Anyone else fixing to do a garden?

Old 03-20-2022, 06:54 AM

Yesterday I was at a Bible quiz tournament, and this guy in his 30s was way overweight, and he was sweating like crazy trying to do good things like getting chairs out for more people to sit in, and he looked like he was ready to pass out, but then I saw him two hours later and he had thick crust pizza stacked up that he was devouring, and I thought to myself If this man could just start eating right, he would look and feel much better.

Last edited by shag; 03-20-2022 at 06:56 AM.