Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:19 AM
The Eyes of the Lord

The Apostolic Attitude

Greetings 2 U!!!!

I found this poem/essay on the internet and it blessed me...

THE APOSTOLIC ATTITUDE

Author Unknown

I'm a part of the fellowship of the unashamed, I have Holy Ghost power. The dye has been cast, I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I'm a disciple of HIS. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure.

I'm finished with low-living, sight-walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed vision, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need prosperity, position, promotion or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by present tense, by faith, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide reliable, my mission clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, deceived, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of my enemy, negotiate at the table of the adversary, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the place of mediocrity

I won't give-up, let-up or shut-up until I have stayed-up, stored-up, prayed-up, paid-up and preached-up for the cause of Christ.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, I must go 'til he comes, give 'til I drop, preach 'til all know and work 'til He stops me. And when he comes for His own He will not have trouble recognizing me because I will not he discounted and I refuse to quit.

Blessings 2 U

(Courtesy of Acts the Apostolic Church in Temperanceville, VA)http://www.actschurch.org