Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Obituaries
Facebook

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Passing of Reverend J.L. Hall

We regret to inform you that Reverend J.L. Hall passed away. In 2005, Brother Hall retired from the UPCI headquarters after 30 years of service.....23 of which he was Editor-in-Chief. He was widely respected both inside and outside the Oneness Pentecostal movement as one of its foremost theologians and historians. He served the apostolic movement as a teacher, pastor, preacher, editor, writer, district superintendent, theologian, and historian. Brother Hall's work has had a tremendous impact on this organization as well as the Kingdom.

Please be in prayer for the Hall family during this difficult time.

Lisa Marshall

Strategic Prayer Coordinator

World Network of Prayer
Old 10-29-2011, 01:26 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Re: Passing of Reverend J.L. Hall

I regret that I never knew more of this man of God when he was alive. I shall have to see what writings I can find of his. Truly he will be missed.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falla39 View Post

We regret to inform you that Reverend J.L. Hall passed away. In 2005, Brother Hall retired from the UPCI headquarters after 30 years of service.....23 of which he was Editor-in-Chief. He was widely respected both inside and outside the Oneness Pentecostal movement as one of its foremost theologians and historians. He served the apostolic movement as a teacher, pastor, preacher, editor, writer, district superintendent, theologian, and historian. Brother Hall's work has had a tremendous impact on this organization as well as the Kingdom.

Please be in prayer for the Hall family during this difficult time.

Lisa Marshall

Strategic Prayer Coordinator

World Network of Prayer
Falla, where was this Rev Hall based out of? I'm asking because in 2005, when we were electing a new pastor, a Rev Hall came and preached for us. He and his wife were living in Arlington/Mid-Cities area at the time. He was probably in his 60s back then. Both of them were the most down-to-earth people I'd ever met...

This is what I came across and I can't tell if he's the same person I'm thinking of: http://christianlighthousechurch.org...?staffID=3641&

Last edited by Dagwood; 10-29-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
Falla, where was this Rev Hall based out of? I'm asking because in 2005, when we were electing a new pastor, a Rev Hall came and preached for us. He and his wife were living in Arlington/Mid-Cities area at the time. He was probably in his 60s back then. Both of them were the most down-to-earth people I'd ever met...

This is what I came across and I can't tell if he's the same person I'm thinking of: http://christianlighthousechurch.org...?staffID=3641&
Dagwood,
I posted the notice of Bro. J.L. Hall's passing from World Network of Prayer. I knew of Bro. Hall when he was in Headquarters in St Louis, MO. My guess would be that after he retired, he and Sis. Hall quite possibly retired to the area of the church whose link you provided. Looks like their son pastors this church, where Bro. J.L. Hall was on staff as Honorary Senior Minister. In other words, a place was possibly made for he and his wife after serving in headquarters, after his retirement.

Bro. & Sis. Becton retired from St. Louis, MO and moved to the Dallas area. A place was made for them in the church their son in law and daughter pastored in Mesquite, TX. They were such a blessing until their passing. I feel sure their influence and memories linger still.

I can imagine the Hall's were such a blessing to the church their son and wife pastored as well. Kinda like grandparents, they have done their "child-raising" days and now it is time to just STAND, and love on those grandkids and new great-grands, and new spiritual babes. Too many times the younger ones are too busy to pour on the love. But grandparents, etc. can take some of the pressure off the busier and younger generation. They've been there, done that!

Falla39
Old 10-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Accepts all friends requests

I worked with Brother Hall, off and on, for a number of years. He was a great guy and possessed a real Christian spirit. My thoughts are with his family right now.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post

That is J.L. Hall. The same brother mentioned in the first post here. "Down to earth" is a great way to describe these wonderful folks.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:14 PM

Isaiah 57:1

The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Well, I have often been asking the question of why it seems so many elders are passing off the scenes right now. I know that it propably only seems that way, but so many of the names that I grew up hearing about have gone over the last 10-12 years that I am amazed.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.