Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Go Dodgers!

Does This Sound Like Today

This reminds me of some of the Televangelists...not to name any in particular (I don't think they are all like this)

2Peter 2
1But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. 2And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

14They have eyes full of adultery, insatiable for sin. They entice unsteady souls. They have hearts trained in greed. Accursed children! 15Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray. They have followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved gain from wrongdoing, 16but was rebuked for his own transgression; a speechless donkey spoke with human voice and restrained the prophet's madness.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
This reminds me of some of the Televangelists...not to name any in particular (I don't think they are all like this)

2Peter 2
1But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. 2And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

14They have eyes full of adultery, insatiable for sin. They entice unsteady souls. They have hearts trained in greed. Accursed children! 15Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray. They have followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved gain from wrongdoing, 16but was rebuked for his own transgression; a speechless donkey spoke with human voice and restrained the prophet's madness.
Sounds like some preachers ... regardless if they are on TV or not ... sorry Prax.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Sounds like some preachers ... regardless if they are on TV or not ... sorry Prax.
Why apologize to me? I think you need to ask God for forgiveness if you are doing that
Old 03-01-2007, 10:34 PM
God's Son

There is false doctrine in every denomination... Why single out television ministers?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
There is false doctrine in every denomination... Why single out television ministers?
What difference does it make? Does it sound like our day and age today or not?

Is greed running rampant in today's church where gain is more important than spiritual things?

1Tim 6:5 useless wranglings[a] of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself

It seems that there is such an emphasis today in America on gain...what God can do for you, getting wealth. The church world is largely ego centric.