Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-29-2015, 02:20 AM
Banned

Kim Davis

Is she a modern day Esther? Who is her pastor? Is she doing the right thing?
Old 08-29-2015, 07:35 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Kim Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Is she a modern day Esther? Who is her pastor? Is she doing the right thing?
Are Apostolics being threatened with death? Is she married to a king?

Is she doing the right thing?

Dante are you doing the right thing?
Old 08-29-2015, 11:42 AM
NW Acts 2:38 Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Are Apostolics being threatened with death? Is she married to a king?

Is she doing the right thing?

Dante are you doing the right thing?
qualifier; I now not dante.

When our civil liberties and religious rights are overstepped and our convictions mean nothing to the world, we will pay a dear price even our lives.

This day will come. If you think 70ad was bad,,,, just hold on.

Sad to say, because I hate it!
This is the kind of thing we mock because we neglect to see the relevance of it. We associate civil liberties with the Sodomites and think because the democrats support them they are irrelevant.

But I tell you, We will see the day when churches and pastors are tried in court and imprisoned for refusing to marry them. It is already against the law to preach against homosexuality in Canada. It too will be here soon. I hate it!

I heard a great Elder among us recently say at a Conference "Same sex marriage is upon us, it is here, we aren't fighting it anymore, it's here.... We are near the end."

This reminds me of the stories L.E. Westberg told of the men who stood on conviction in his church. They were court marshaled and sent to the brig or given a dishonorable discharge from the military. All for refusing to wear a short sleeve uniform.

Or the story about Phil White's son, who when working at a fast food restaurant refused to wear a short sleeve uniform. So they instituted the companies first long sleeve shirt just because he stood on conviction.

Kim Davis is a Apostolic sister who goes to a UPC church in that state, and I thank God for her stand. She said she has prayed and fasted about her decision not to give marriage licenses to same sex couples. She said she has a conviction against it. I will continue to pray for the will of God.

Here is an article about this issue;

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/08/12/3...an-county.html
Old 08-29-2015, 12:12 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A. Perez View Post
qualifier; I now not dante.

When our civil liberties and religious rights are overstepped and our convictions mean nothing to the world, we will pay a dear price even our lives.

This day will come. If you think 70ad was bad,,,, just hold on.

Sad to say, because I hate it!
This is the kind of thing we mock because we neglect to see the relevance of it. We associate civil liberties with the Sodomites and think because the democrats support them they are irrelevant.

But I tell you, We will see the day when churches and pastors are tried in court and imprisoned for refusing to marry them. It is already against the law to preach against homosexuality in Canada. It too will be here soon. I hate it!

I heard a great Elder among us recently say at a Conference "Same sex marriage is upon us, it is here, we aren't fighting it anymore, it's here.... We are near the end."

This reminds me of the stories L.E. Westberg told of the men who stood on conviction in his church. They were court marshaled and sent to the brig or given a dishonorable discharge from the military. All for refusing to wear a short sleeve uniform.

Or the story about Phil White's son, who when working at a fast food restaurant refused to wear a short sleeve uniform. So they instituted the companies first long sleeve shirt just because he stood on conviction.

Kim Davis is a Apostolic sister who goes to a UPC church in that state, and I thank God for her stand. She said she has prayed and fasted about her decision not to give marriage licenses to same sex couples. She said she has a conviction against it. I will continue to pray for the will of God.

Here is an article about this issue;

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/08/12/3...an-county.html
Funny, I post with people, and I don't bring up eschatology, but they bring it up? Interesting. So, homosexuals are marrying homosexuals, so it's the end? Homosexuals aren't marrying homosexuals in Russia so is that the beginning? Homosexuals are executed in some Middle Eastern, and North African countries, how does that fit into an end time scenario?

Whatever.

But as far as an employer goes, the employee agrees to the rules of the job prior to being hired. If Brother Whites' son was hired into a company with short sleeves (and that is the uniform) then he knowingly joined a company which has a short sleeve uniform. Yet, if he was hired with long sleeve uniform and the uniform changed then he and his employer would have to work that out. Religious convictions just like conscientious objectors cannot join or be employed knowing that the job is contrary to their religious convictions. If someone comes to a machine shop for a job, and their policy is against long sleeves for any reason, no one can get a job there and expect to have the uniform code changed. Same thing with a woman wearing a dress, if the uniform code calls for scrubs and she believes she can wear a dress by using some religious exemption it won't work. The woman who refused to issue licenses to homosexuals had the job prior to the law change, and therefore has a case.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Funny, I post with people, and I don't bring up eschatology, but they bring it up? Interesting. So, homosexuals are marrying homosexuals, so it's the end? Homosexuals aren't marrying homosexuals in Russia so is that the beginning? Homosexuals are executed in some Middle Eastern, and North African countries, how does that fit into an end time scenario?
I believe the Elder V. Morton was referring to religious freedoms in America, and the Warning in the Spirit came cold as a winters blast. Get right with God, Jesus is coming!

Quote:
But as far as an employer goes, the employee agrees to the rules of the job prior to being hired. If Brother Whites' son was hired into a company with short sleeves (and that is the uniform) then he knowingly joined a company which has a short sleeve uniform. Yet, if he was hired with long sleeve uniform and the uniform changed then he and his employer would have to work that out. Religious convictions just like conscientious objectors cannot join or be employed knowing that the job is contrary to their religious convictions. If someone comes to a machine shop for a job, and their policy is against long sleeves for any reason, no one can get a job there and expect to have the uniform code changed. Same thing with a woman wearing a dress, if the uniform code calls for scrubs and she believes she can wear a dress by using some religious exemption it won't work. The woman who refused to issue licenses to homosexuals had the job prior to the law change, and therefore has a case.
Yes, all good points.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I believe the Elder V. Morton was referring to religious freedoms in America, and the Warning in the Spirit came cold as a winters blast. Get right with God, Jesus is coming!

Yes, all good points.
Do you happen to know how many supreme court cases have been won by religious groups in America?
Old 08-29-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Do you happen to know how many supreme court cases have been won by religious groups in America?
No
Old 08-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
No
Neither did Kathleen Sebelius.

Old 08-29-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Neither did Kathleen Sebelius.

Do you have a holster on your hip for your mouse?
Old 08-30-2015, 03:21 AM
Registered Member

Idon't think this is winnablebut it's not her money fighting it ,I think she is wrong in thinking her actions amount to approval ,I have a contracting business I don't approve of some of my customers lifestyle some are gay and I know it ,I don't refuse to do business with them they treat me well ,I do likewise .sin is sin some of my customers are serial adulterers and many other kind of sinners I take their money and treat them equal