Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

BHO targets Romney donors

Chicago style politics at its best.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...604524916.html
Old 04-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Re: BHO targets Romney donors

quoted from the article:
"If Mr. Obama isn't going to act like a president, he bolsters the argument that he doesn't deserve to be one. "

to which I say "Amen"
Old 04-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Not riding the train

Looks like fearmongering to me. The reason being, the donors names are available for scrutiny. And Romney's campaign is going to run on the "economy", therefore, he is going to be scrutinized. And don't think Romney won't be doing the same.

He's going to have a hard time with the Dems strategy of nailing him for the "severe conservative". They won't let him come back to center.

This list, from the article, shows what the Dems will be looking at. IOW, the talking points to show him as a flip-flopper.

These are people like Paul Schorr and Sam and Jeffrey Fox, investors who the site outed for the crime of having "outsourced" jobs. T. Martin Fiorentino is scored for his work for a firm that forecloses on homes. Louis Bacon(a hedge-fund manager), Kent Burton (a "lobbyist") and Thomas O'Malley (an energy CEO) stand accused of profiting from oil. Frank VanderSloot, the CEO of a home-products firm, is slimed as a "bitter foe of the gay rights movement."

I listened to a segment on MSNBC, while I was out and about, showing Romney flip-flopping on his statements concerning the home foreclosure issue.

What Romney and Obama will end up doing is bumping heads having the same donors on Wall Street. I don't have my list available, but off the top of my head, I believe it was around 6 companies or more that fund them both.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

PO - c'mon. Can you imagine the Democrats rage if GWB had done this while he was running for re-election.
The point is that this has never been done before by a sitting President.
It is done with the sole intention of intimidating people from donating to Romney.
The way BHO "rules" frighteningly reminds me of the Chicago style politics, at best.
At worst, it is Hitleresque.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
PO - c'mon. Can you imagine the Democrats rage if GWB had done this while he was running for re-election.
The point is that this has never been done before by a sitting President.
It is done with the sole intention of intimidating people from donating to Romney.
The way BHO "rules" frighteningly reminds me of the Chicago style politics, at best.
At worst, it is Hitleresque.
I guess I'm missing something. The FEC's threshold for disclosure is $200, so if anyone gave more, they can't keep who they are hidden. So, it can be public knowledge and used in a campaign.

Obama is highlighting the backgrounds of people that make Romney look like a flip-flopper. That is their strategy. I really don't see the big deal about it.

Now, Obama collecting $180 million from small donors, in 2008, is news.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Not riding the train

Maybe Obama is angry that Romney won't disclose who his campaign bundlers are. Obama and McCain disclosed their bundlers in 2008. The law only requires you to disclose your bundlers if they are registered lobbyists, from what I understand. Obama is disclosing his this year as well, but Romney has, thus far, refused.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:18 AM
crakjak

Obama just wants to know who they are so that he can try to intimidate them into give him some $$$. Yes, Chicago politics at is best!!! Or worst!
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 04-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
Obama just wants to know who they are so that he can try to intimidate them into give him some $$$. Yes, Chicago politics at is best!!! Or worst!
and there are lots of folks who bribe... err... uhhh...... donate to both candidates in a race
Old 04-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
I think many are overlooking the larger narrative. These are the points, in bold, that Obama will use against Romney in the General Election.
Quote:
These are people like Paul Schorr and Sam and Jeffrey Fox, investors who the site outed for the crime of having "outsourced" jobs. T. Martin Fiorentino is scored for his work for a firm that forecloses on homes. Louis Bacon(a hedge-fund manager), Kent Burton (a "lobbyist") and Thomas O'Malley (an energy CEO) stand accused of profiting from oil. Frank VanderSloot, the CEO of a home-products firm, is slimed as a "bitter foe of the gay rights movement."
The last point in bold gives the biggest clue- "a bitter foe of the gay rights movement" - the gay vote.

If Romney speaks against or flip-flops on any of these issues (umm, again), all Obama has to do is produce proof in his donors. It's like a no-brainer.

I felt the article was fearmongering. Obama is going to hold Romney accountable. He may be sinister (I have major problems with his appointed Czars) in other ways, but this is just a cut and dried campaign tactic, IMO.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Intimidate?

Since when has Obama tried to intimidate anyone?

If PO is right, where is the law breaking, the dishonor, the intimidation?

"Obama is the boogey man!"