Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Stranger in a Strange Land

JR Ensey's blog

I don't know how I got on his mailing list, but received an email with his blog today. It's mostly the same old same old, but he made a comment about the merger that "moved me" to respond.
I quote from his blog:
"It was only tolerance toward those who needed time to accept the view of salvation as stated in the first paragraph. Those who honor the spirit of the merger should embrace both the unity of the Spirit and the increasing unity of the faith that the UPCI has attained in over fifty years since the merger."
(writing in bold is my emphasis). IOW, according to him, the only reason the PAJC "tolerated" the PCI brethren was to "give them time" to come around to the truth.
This was my response:
Bro Ensey,

As someone who personally knows those with a NW PCI connection, your comment

"It was only tolerance toward those who needed time to accept the view of salvation as stated in the first paragraph. Those who honor the spirit of the merger should embrace both the unity of the Spirit and the increasing unity of the faith that the UPCI has attained in over fifty years since the merger." is patently false.

I have spoken with people who were either in the PCI or are family members and can tell you that they were Absolutely convinced of their feelings re: Acts 2:38 and didn't feel that they "needed" time to correct their views on it as you infer.
In reality, the two positions were like "oil and water" and had it not been for Bro. Witherspoon's tolerance statement, it would have never happened.
Your comments disrespect the positions and memories of Bro. Goss and C.H.Yadon, both former General Superintendents as well as PCI men.

When the PAJC took over the direction of the UPC they took the Herald, the HQ not to mention the honor of their forefathers at the merger.
Mao Tse Tung revised history in China, and this type of blog is trying to revise apostolic history in America.
I've said it on more than one thread: this merger could never happen today because of the intolerant stubborn intransigient holier than thou attitude of present day PAJCers.

Last edited by Sabby; 11-01-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

Re: JR Ensey's blog

I'm not familiar with the merger or any history as evidenced by the fact I'm still shocked to learn my dear pastors Loren and Bud Yadon believed differently than the UPCI in general.
Yet, they embraced the standards, I find that puzzling and wonder if that was the very thing that made the merger possible at that time?

I could not tell the difference between the Boise church pastored by C.H. Yadon's son and the church I had just left in Wa. who believed differently.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
the only reason the PAJC "tolerated" the PCI brethren was to "give them time" to come around to the truth.
..and if that is true,...then it would be as if the PAJC knew from the very beginning that they were actually conspiring to take-over and "snuff-out" the PCI ideology. That alone would make it almost sinister in intent. In contrast,...it seems apparent that the PCI entered into the merger with good faith,....not expecting to just be "tolerated" until assimilation. ("resistance is futile" says the Borg).
Old 11-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
I don't know how I got on his mailing list, but received an email with his blog today. It's mostly the same old same old, but he made a comment about the merger that "moved me" to respond.
I quote from his blog:
"It was only tolerance toward those who needed time to accept the view of salvation as stated in the first paragraph. Those who honor the spirit of the merger should embrace both the unity of the Spirit and the increasing unity of the faith that the UPCI has attained in over fifty years since the merger."
This is exactly what I was taught when I came into the UPC. And that basically that time had passed.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 11-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
I quote from his blog:
(writing in bold is my emphasis). IOW, according to him, the only reason the PAJC "tolerated" the PCI brethren was to "give them time" to come around to the truth.
This was my response:
Bro Ensey,

As someone who personally knows those with a NW PCI connection, your comment

"It was only tolerance toward those who needed time to accept the view of salvation as stated in the first paragraph. Those who honor the spirit of the merger should embrace both the unity of the Spirit and the increasing unity of the faith that the UPCI has attained in over fifty years since the merger." is patently false.

I have spoken with people who were either in the PCI or are family members and can tell you that they were Absolutely convinced of their feelings re: Acts 2:38 and didn't feel that they "needed" time to correct their views on it as you infer.
In reality, the two positions were like "oil and water" and had it not been for Bro. Witherspoon's tolerance statement, it would have never happened.
Your comments disrespect the positions and memories of Bro. Goss and C.H.Yadon, both former General Superintendents as well as PCI men.

When the PAJC took over the direction of the UPC they took the Herald, the HQ not to mention the honor of their forefathers at the merger.
Mao Tse Tung revised history in China, and this type of blog is trying to revise apostolic history in America.
I've said it on more than one thread: this merger could never happen today because of the intolerant stubborn intransigient holier than thou attitude of present day PAJCers.
This shows the aberrant wickedness and motives of the Enseyites .... they have no regard for honor ... consensus ... mutual agreement .... or the spirit of the merger ...

They're rabid revisionists and bearers of false witness with no regard for Truth. Paul calls them false brethren in Galatians.

Last edited by DAII; 11-01-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
This was my response:

Forgive my faulty memory but was C. H. Yadon a general sup?

- Groucho Marx
Old 11-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
No. He was a member of the General Board for many years.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

I'd like to know if men like DKB agree with Ensey's revision of the merger.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Scripture > Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
He was the longest serving general board member in UPCI history.

Name-calling is the last resort of an exhausted mind.

When people have the facts, they argue the facts.

When they don't have the facts, they call names.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocrypha View Post
He was the longest serving general board member in UPCI history.
I'm aware of that. It was the 'gen. sup' comment that I was questioning....

- Groucho Marx