Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Christmas 2009

Urgent Prayer For Pastor's Daughter

One of our Campus Pastor's 27 year old daughter Candice is in desperate need of prayer! She's been hurting in her lungs for about 3 weeks, and was being treated for pleuresy (sp). She wasn't really feeling better but decided to go on to Ft. Walton for a long planned vacation. She was in Florida with her husband and two kids when her let started swelling and hurting really bad.

They rushed her to the ER and she was immediately admitted. She has found out that she has blood clots all in her legs, hips, back and lungs. Evidently they've been there for quite a while, and the pleuresy diagnosis was wrong. She's having trouble breathing and has been flat on her back in the hospital there for about a week. They have pumped her full of heparin and coumadin and other meds to dissolve the clots.

Her levels were better and they did surgery and removed 92% of the clots from her body. Today she was supposed to get to go home. When they did the final ultrasound this morning, there are now new clots that have formed and the doctors are stumped because she has so much anti-clotting meds in her that it should be impossible! Needless to say she isn't going anywhere. They can't even transport her to another location.

I've known Candice since she was one year old when her parents came into our church and got saved. She and my daughter Ashley were best friends all their lives, and remain close today. She's like family to me. Please pray that the doctors would find out what's causing this clotting and be able to take care of it. Thanks!
Old 08-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Sister Alvear

Re: Urgent Prayer For Pastor's Daughter

yes, we will pray...do keep us informed.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 08-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Oh, wow! Praying for her!
Old 08-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Praying.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 08-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

Praying
Old 08-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
One of our Campus Pastor's 27 year old daughter Candice is in desperate need of prayer! She's been hurting in her lungs for about 3 weeks, and was being treated for pleuresy (sp). She wasn't really feeling better but decided to go on to Ft. Walton for a long planned vacation. She was in Florida with her husband and two kids when her let started swelling and hurting really bad.

They rushed her to the ER and she was immediately admitted. She has found out that she has blood clots all in her legs, hips, back and lungs. Evidently they've been there for quite a while, and the pleuresy diagnosis was wrong. She's having trouble breathing and has been flat on her back in the hospital there for about a week. They have pumped her full of heparin and coumadin and other meds to dissolve the clots.

Her levels were better and they did surgery and removed 92% of the clots from her body. Today she was supposed to get to go home. When they did the final ultrasound this morning, there are now new clots that have formed and the doctors are stumped because she has so much anti-clotting meds in her that it should be impossible! Needless to say she isn't going anywhere. They can't even transport her to another location.

I've known Candice since she was one year old when her parents came into our church and got saved. She and my daughter Ashley were best friends all their lives, and remain close today. She's like family to me. Please pray that the doctors would find out what's causing this clotting and be able to take care of it. Thanks!

Sherri....I know someone who had almost the exact same thing happen to her. The problem was her birth control medicine!

Have they checked that out yet? Praying....
Old 08-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Great Lord God,
We humbly ask You to give the doctors wisdom to find the cause of this bloodclotting,
and also how to take care of the problem, in Jesus Name!
Thank You, Jesus!

Falla39
Old 08-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Sherri....I know someone who had almost the exact same thing happen to her. The problem was her birth control medicine!

Have they checked that out yet? Praying....
She's been on birth control for six years or so, I imagine. Yes, they've told her she could never take any again. They've said she may have Mae Thurmans' Syndrome, or something like that. Very weird - where the main artery presses against a vein, and causes clotting. But they haven't been able to determine yet if that's what the problem is.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Sherri, I am praying right now for your friend. My brother in law has a rare disorder that causes his body to throw blood clots in all sorts of places where he never should. I'll check with my sister to see what it is called. It took them years to diagnose this for Richard. But she sounds an awful lot like what he's gone thru. Right now, Richard has about 20 blood clots in his legs alone. He is not able to work ever again. But since he almost died over 25 years ago, not working is not a big thing
Old 08-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Christmas 2009

I just found out that they are going in tomorrow to put a filter in her artery (I think somewhere in the pelvic region) to keep any clots from going up to her heart or lungs.

Thanks for your prayers!!