Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Prime, Choice or Select?

If you are grilling, how do you buy your steak?

Prime, Choice or Select?

I buy Prime if available at a decent price, but most often Choice cuts.

If you buy Choice or Select steaks, do you use any additional measures or techniques for tenderization?

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 07-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

Re: Prime, Choice or Select?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post

Prime, Choice or Select?

If you buy Choice or Select steaks, do you use any additional measures or techniques for tenderization?
I have found that with either prime or choice you don't really need to do any tenderizing either way. Are we talking grilling or frying on the stove?
Old 07-15-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I have found that with either prime or choice you don't really need to do any tenderizing either way. Are we talking grilling or frying on the stove?
I would not ever ruin a good steak by frying it!

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 07-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I would not ever ruin a good steak by frying it!
Amen. I would also hope you feel the same way about putting ketchup on it....

We've actually been making quite a few nice prime sirloin steaks on the grill and whether it IS "prime" or choice I have not noticed much difference as long as they are not cooked to a medium well, or especially (Oh God no!) well done state. I am a medium rare guy myself.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

I've found that 6-8 hours (at least 4 if you're in a hurry) of soaking in a 3 parts pineapple juice to one part soy sauce does some good things to a steak. The acid from the pineapple tenderizes while the soy soaks in and flavors.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Amen. I would also hope you feel the same way about putting ketchup on it....

We've actually been making quite a few nice prime sirloin steaks on the grill and whether it IS "prime" or choice I have not noticed much difference as long as they are not cooked to a medium well, or especially (Oh God no!) well done state. I am a medium rare guy myself.
Medium is good.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
I've found that 6-8 hours (at least 4 if you're in a hurry) of soaking in a 3 parts pineapple juice to one part soy sauce does some good things to a steak. The acid from the pineapple tenderizes while the soy soaks in and flavors.
Interesting... How would that work with say Select steaks that are something less than tender?

Old 07-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:

Prime, Choice or Select?

I won't buy a steak unless I can get a really really good cut. Otherwise it's a waste. I rarely tenderize but if I do I use something with citric acid

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
exactly and don't over cook

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Go Dodgers!

medium rare all the way