Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-03-2021, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Pastor shot with own gun.

Starville Methodist Pastor shot with his own gun after confronting fugitive.

Hmmmmmm, this is what happens when a so called Christian forgets that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal.....
Old 01-03-2021, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

Re: Pastor shot with own gun.

You have made what has to be one of the silliest posts ever made on this forum. Who said this incident was part of any "warfare" in the first place? If a pastor uses a bat to save his daughter from being raped, and the rapist wrestles the bat away and kills the pastor, is this pastor also guilty of what you claim? What would you have him do in such a case? Please tell me how this in any way is related to Paul's words about the weapons of our warfare or what "weapon" the pastor you cited should have used.

Last edited by Originalist; 01-03-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
You have made what has to be one of the silliest posts ever made on this forum. Who said this incident was part of any "warfare" in the first place? If a pastor uses a bat to save his daughter from being raped, and the rapist wrestles the bat away and kills the pastor, is this pastor also guilty of what you claim? What would you have him do in such a case? Please tell me how this in any way is related to Paul's words about the weapons of our warfare or what "weapon" the pastor you cited should have used.
Not true in every case but most of the time fugitives have a lot less to live for than you do. In which case escalating the situation by pulling a weapon on them is going to mean one of you ends up dead. Those aren’t particularly good odds for me IMO.

Now if it’s clear someone is intent on physically harming me or another I care about then I’ll gladly take those odds. But most of the time that’s not what such encounters are about.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
Not true in every case but most of the time fugitives have a lot less to live for than you do. In which case escalating the situation by pulling a weapon on them is going to mean one of you ends up dead. Those aren’t particularly good odds for me IMO.

Now if it’s clear someone is intent on physically harming me or another I care about then I’ll gladly take those odds. But most of the time that’s not what such encounters are about.
All valid points, but they do not answer my critique of the original post.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

Here is the link.
https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/past...-sheriff-says/

Snippet below is very telling:
Smith explained that two of the people involved in the incident were carrying firearms at the time. In reference to church security, Smith added that if people are going to carry firearms, they’ve “got to be willing to use it.”

So, don't pull the gun unless you are willing to pull the trigger.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
All valid points, but they do not answer my critique of the original post.
I find it disturbing that the a PASTOR would have a gun at church in the first place! How do you teach the people to rely on God's protection and conceal carry at the same time? Didn't the Lord tell Peter, "...they that live by the sword will perish with it?" IMO, I don't see where having guns for recreational purposes is wrong, but when your intention is for protection, how can we honestly say or preach that we're relying on God for our protection?

Proverbs 29:25, KJV
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:53 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Luke 22:36-38 KJV
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. [37] For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. [38] And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

This was Jesus' final day of His earthly ministry. His disciples had been with Him for 3.5 years, DAILY.

Yet two of them were armed. At the last supper, no less. They must have missed where Jesus taught against carrying arms. And funny thing is, Jesus missed an opportunity to correct them. Imagine yourself in His shoes and you discover two members of your ministry team were packing heat. What would you say to them? "Bro, you don't need that! Our weapons aren't carnal. If you're gonna be on this ministry team you can't be going around armed like that!"

But Jesus said they were fine.

That was AFTER He told them to arm themselves, by the way. Would you tell your ministry team "Anyone who ain't got a gun, sell your coat if you have to and buy a gun"?

Probably not. Which is just another indicator in a long long list of indicators that modern American Christianity is a completely different religion than the one Jesus established.

But to each his own, I guess. Church of your choice and all that, like Billy Graham taught.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-03-2021, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Oooops! Throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one that got hit.

Silliest post? Nah, I've seen worse

Our weapons are not guns but prayer and faith.

Hard for you to understand but truth none the less.

Now that Pastor is not just dead but most likely in hell for false doctrine.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Esaias... show me one place, after Pentecost, that we have proof of the Christians carrying weapons. I'll buy your reason.

They were not yet born again, they were still only walking in their carnality .
Old 01-03-2021, 09:47 PM
Registered Member

Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.