Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

Re: WPF Musician to Play for Trinitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Vision View Post
Sigh. Should have just kept up the last post. Who said it was televised? And is that the point of the civic event or is that an incidential thing? I didn't know the MSM spin is out with ropes in hand. Think the positive, give the benefit of the doubt.

This is no different than MM being invited for Gov. Bobby Jindal IMO, and has nothing to do with inter-faith concerts and TBN broadcasts. Stretching it like spandex on Sister Twinkie Clark.
Great!

With that outlook I am sure you have no problem with TFT appearing on TBN too. We are making progress.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Vision View Post
Sigh. Should have just kept up the last post. Who said it was televised? And is that the point of the civic event or is that an incidential thing? I didn't know the MSM spin is out with ropes in hand. Think the positive, give the benefit of the doubt.

This is no different than MM being invited for Gov. Bobby Jindal IMO, and has nothing to do with inter-faith concerts and TBN broadcasts. Stretching it like spandex on Sister Twinkie Clark.
The point is this chuches pastor and bishop are anti TV and I am sure TBN will be recording. IMO this is highly hypocritical.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Dwight View Post
Great!

With that outlook I am sure you have no problem with TFT appearing on TBN too. We are making progress.
Well TFT did not leave the UPC for an anti TV fellowship. Thats the difference.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak1972 View Post
The point is this chuches pastor and bishop are anti TV and I am sure TBN will be recording. IMO this is highly hypocritical.
It does to appear that way.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

it's not WHAT they are doing, or MIGHT do..

it's the fact they have been known to be critical of others who made similar choices.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
it's not WHAT they are doing, or MIGHT do..

it's the fact they have been known to be critical of others who made similar choices.
Yes, I could agree with that.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
To be very honest I am confused. The biggest compaint the now WPF had with the UPC was the vote to allow TV advertising. The purpose of advertising would be outreach. But the same people who were against that can play on the same stage with someone of a different faith and an event that will be seen on TBN and thats ok b/c they consider that outreach. To me thats like preaching against oranges but drinking orange juice.
I've read their stuff. I think, and this has been said many times on AFF, TV wasn't their primary issue. No need to repeat prior posts. I respect my UPCI pastor and I also respect these brethren that didn't like what they saw happening and decided to approach this a different way. Get off the defensive, it's starting to sound ugly. Judge from ALL the facts, not just what it so quickly appears to you. Be slow to judgement. If they are touring with MM, or appearing with her on TBN or for a live television concert, then you have every right to point out the inconsistencies. I doubt this is a major MM event. She wouldn't ask this band, people she doesn't know, to play.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister_WD View Post
Bro Epley,
In all due respect, letting their choir sing at a civic event is not the point of argument.I haven't read where anyone objected to that. I read the explanation that was posted on another forum and it was nothing more that a spin job. The matter is about letting their band play for a high profile christian artist who is trinitarian.
What other forum?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Statements like "I'm sure..." just empasize the fact that neither you nor anyone else on this forum knows what the event is all about and that should be reason enough to hold judgement.

MM (my former first lady) received equal criticism. Some of you remind me of people at work that love to "catch" a Christian doing an "un-Christian" deed, so much that they jump the gun on things. Comical in a way. Makes you wonder if the main accusers here don't have an axe to grind of their own.

Anyhow, is there ANYONE that knows more about this event?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

the whole "televised" has come about from AFF urban legend, innuendo and speculation - there hasnt been even a HINT that her concert/event is televised.....

for that matter I dont think the minister of music in question even said he accepted the invite...

not to mention (playing devils advocate here) - who says his pastor and bishop even KNOW about the event?

We are all making assumptions based on a comment about being invited to play at an event.

and you know what assuming things does for you...