Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-03-2024, 07:57 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Chris reed joins the ministry elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
What’s a leader? What’s a minister? Jesus told us, he said you’ll be a servant!

First off, I don’t pastor, preach to married women, that’s the job of their husband. We’ve already had that conversation.

Second, does the church belong to me? If you’re asking about the building, well I would have to say, Yes. Because we hold services in my home. If you’re asking about the body, then I belong to the church. We do services very untraditional here, couple weeks ago, I shut the services down and we went out and ministered to several people that were out because of sickness or they had to work (farming season). My family and I gave food to some, my wife went and prayed for a lady that was sick, we drove 20 minutes anyway to bring a drink to someone that was working.

The way you have viewed and been hurt by traditional church and leadership has hindered your views on others. And you view mostly preachers as others who may be in error.
I commend your work for the Lord in Jesus name. May the Lord Jesus continue to bless your efforts.

While getting offended and hurt can cause bitterness, and resentment. It can also cause reflection to re-examine one’s position in their journey. Not everyone who criticizes a religious paradigm is blindly attacking. But, may have gone back to the woodshed and figured some things out Biblically and prayerfully.

If a view is hindered by anger, we can be able to patiently calm the anger first. Then if we are clear sighted may be able to show the brother a better path. Biblically.

Praise the Lord for your work in Christ Jesus.
Old 09-03-2024, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
What’s a leader? What’s a minister? Jesus told us, he said you’ll be a servant!

First off, I don’t pastor, preach to married women, that’s the job of their husband. We’ve already had that conversation.

Second, does the church belong to me? If you’re asking about the building, well I would have to say, Yes. Because we hold services in my home. If you’re asking about the body, then I belong to the church. We do services very untraditional here, couple weeks ago, I shut the services down and we went out and ministered to several people that were out because of sickness or they had to work (farming season). My family and I gave food to some, my wife went and prayed for a lady that was sick, we drove 20 minutes anyway to bring a drink to someone that was working.

The way you have viewed and been hurt by traditional church and leadership has hindered your views on others. And you view mostly preachers as others who may be in error.
Wow! Seems like possibly somebody is being convicted?

So allow me to break it down. What have I said that was not scriptural? I have consistently based my statements on scripture. If I haven’t? Please provide some scripture that says otherwise.

So? You believe that I have been hurt by traditional church? What do you base that opinion on? How is it that you believe I’ve been hurt? Enlighten me.

Maybe, just maybe. I’m not saying for sure. But maybe you are so unused to being preached to by the word that you believe (because I’m telling the truth) that I’m mad? Have you considered the possibility that I only preached the word? Have you considered the possibility that the Holy Ghost is convicting you? Consider that.

Because let me give you an example. If someone were to preach a sermon on the sins of drunkenness, I would just say amen. I’ve never been drunk so I certainly wouldn’t be convicted about it. But I do recognize it as a sin. I wouldn’t get all upset about it if you preached to me about drunkenness though. Do you understand what I’m saying?

So I preach a little sermonette, quoting the very words of Jesus. And you get your wittle feelings hurt? Do you mean that I’m NOT supposed to preach to preachers? Is that what you think? Or are we supposed to disregard that section of the Bible?

I’m preaching way better than you’re responding. You should be jumping the pews. Brother. If it doesn’t apply to you just say amen and move on. Don’t pretend that I need therapy because I’m hurt. Is it true? Did Jesus say it? Does it have a purpose? Jesus was speaking to his disciples. But you’re getting all upset like you’re too good to hear it?

Hey. Don’t shoot me! I’m just the messenger. If you’re sure that it doesn’t apply to you then just move on.

Maybe you think I’m not qualified to preach to a preacher. (By the way, I never mentioned you by name, nor did I even think about you.) I’m a little bit of the opinion that you think of yourself as a leader and that you should have more authority than I’m willing to give you. Don’t think more highly of yourself than you ought. (That’s scripture by the way.) Don’t be all upset with me because Paul forgot to say that the pastor has authority (headship) over the man.

And the answer is no. I wasn’t asking if you owned the building. The building is NOT the church.

Come to the music. Let’s give him some hope.

In closing, this thread is about a preacher who cheated on his wife with a member of his flock. Just so you’re not confused.

And . . .

The altar is open. If you’re feeling that spirit of conviction, pleas don’t ignore it.

Brother, let me buy your lunch sometime. I’m sure we would both have a great time of fellowship together.
Old 09-03-2024, 10:18 AM
He will direct my path!

Reposting from another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Re: the word pastor -

First, the word means 'shepherd'. It is not a title of rank or position since Jesus forbad His followers from receiving, giving, or recognising religious titles amongst themselves. A shepherd's job is to take care of sheep - to feed them and guide them into 'green pastures' so they can be nourished.

Second, there is no 'single pastor of a church' position in Scripture, unless we count Jesus, the 'Chief Pastor', who alone is Head of the church. There are several terms in Scripture used interchangeably - elder, bishop, etc. Every church is to have elderS (plural) - that is the goal of apostolic church planting, to establish a body of believers (mostly new converts) through evangelistic preaching of the word, to teach them the fundamentals of the doctrine of Christ, to encourage them in the faith, etc - in other words, to parent them until they are mature. The local church is mature when elders can be ordained to carry on the work of the apostolic church planter who then (following Paul's example) moves on to the next mission field. The church planter (apostle) does not then 'cut the ties that bind' of the established church, but takes less and less direct oversight of it, that duty belonging to the elders ('bishops' or overseers).

That duty includes being examples to the rest of the believers in godliness, faith, purity of doctrine, purity of lifestyle, righteous deeds, etc. They are responsible for teaching the faithful, both corporately (the whole church) and one-on-one (as Paul did, teaching 'from house to house', always ready to teach anyone and everyone who desired to learn). Thus, visitation is a duty of the elders/bishops of the church. They are accountable for the spiritual condition of the members of the Body, therefore they must take measures to KNOW that condition.

Paul's instructions to timothy are a good starting point for the duties of a pastor/bishop/elder/overseer in the church.

It should be noted that 'apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor/teacher' seem to be descriptive of functions, not offices, whereas elder/bishop and deacon seem to be more along the lines of offices.

God ordains apostles. God ordains prophets. It stands to reason God ordains evangelists and pastor/teachers as well, whereas bishops/overseers/elders are ordained by the church, either via the apostle or his delegate during the time of initial oversight, or by the elders (presbytery) once the church is fully functioning.

And just as a church may have several apostles (a church planting missionary team, for example), several prophets, etc - it may also have several pastors (those who teach and 'feed' the church, elders who have the service of teaching the Body, ie 'teaching elders').

All of this can be seen from Jesus' examples, His commands and teachings to the original Twelve, the book of Acts, and Paul's letters. We also see some of this in Hebrews and John's letters as well.

Last edited by Amanah; 09-03-2024 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-03-2024, 12:07 PM
He will direct my path!

all ministry is done in love with the purpose of edification

Quote:
Noah had a hard time finding a community of like minded believers too. But, I think you may be surprised at how many people there are who are genuinely looking for real apostolic community. Of course, they always have been the minority in the general population. But that doesn't mean they aren't out there.

I would never leave an assembly unless it was absolutely clear that you cannot continue there and still be faithful to God in all things. Sometimes things take time, and you may not be aware of the impact you are having on the people around you for good and for God. Everybody is learning, and at different points in their walk. Our job as God's people is to help everyone we meet to go further with God. Regardless of where they are currently at (assuming they have interest in moving forward). But we cannot expect everyone we meet to just stop, drop, and roll and "get up to (our) speed". Because that isn't practical or realistic, and also because we aren't always up to God's speed anyway. We all are learning and trying to move forward. Patience is a virtue, and God is long-suffering. We should be too.
Old 09-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Are you serious by this? I’m not trying to misconstrue your remarks, I’m trying to understand. You really believe what this response?
I'm saying supernatural happenings aren't the proof, obedience to the will of God is. Is there a problem?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-03-2024, 12:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Are you an island all to your lonesome?
How much does tea cost in Canton?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-03-2024, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
....Brother, let me buy you lunch sometime. I’m sure we would both have a great time of fellowship together.
I asked about a meal with you and your family before.

I'll be down in Vidor, TX at Bro. Matthew Tuttle's church sometime in December. I do not know where you're located, for some reason I have Louisiana as the location just not sure if I'm mixing you up with another. If it works, it would be an honor.

Last edited by Nicodemus1968; 09-03-2024 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-03-2024, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm saying supernatural happenings aren't the proof, obedience to the will of God is. Is there a problem?
I understand that.

The supernatural is through obedience.

Quote:
. When people give examples of how they are following Jesus, and how they are expressing leadership in the church, they often point to the supernatural evidences which Jesus dismissed, rather than the evidence which He pointed to as being actual evidence.
Christ used the supernatural to prove who he was.

Matthew 11:4-5
4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

For anyone of us to use the supernatural isn't wrong, we will speak of the things that we have seen and heard.
Old 09-03-2024, 04:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I understand that.

The supernatural is through obedience.

Christ used the supernatural to prove who he was.

Matthew 11:4-5
4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

For anyone of us to use the supernatural isn't wrong, we will speak of the things that we have seen and heard.
Yes but clearly obedience to the will of God is more weighty than prophesying or other miraculous works, amen?

Old 09-03-2024, 05:46 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Matthew 7:21–22

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.