Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:13 PM
delete account

Quote:
Dear Rhoni,

I have been trying to live a holy life and have been abstaining from sexual relations with my previous Lesbian partner. The church tells me it is wrong, but I don't feel it is wrong. They say that common law marriage is after living together for 7 years and we have lived together longer than that. It is the only thing close to a marriage I have ever had. I read some scriptures out of the Old Testament and it talks about the marriage between a man and woman being about procreation. I don't think it applies today. What do you think? Is the practice of homosexuality wrong?

Just me
I'll have to think about this one for a while.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 06-01-2007, 06:08 AM
delete account

Dear Just me,

Common Law marriage in the United States still speaks of the male and female relationship. I do know that many insurance companies now recognize same sex relationships in allowing insurance coverage for a legalized 'partners'.

I do agree that the Bible tells Adam and Eve to procreate and have children, and in past generations this has been the only reason for a sexual relationships between spouses. I did not say this was God's only ordained reason for man and woman becoming married, but it, like many other things, has been taught and misinterpreted by some folks who would think sexual relationship a chore/responsibility and not a blessing from God for fun, as well as procreation.

You asked me if the practice of homosexuality is wrong...I ask you...What do you think? Not feel...but think. I encourage you to study some New Testament Principles since this is the dispensation that we are living in today. I enocurage you to read the Pauline Epistles. These are writings, admonitions, and instructions for believers who had already received the salvational experience.

I encourage you to read Corinthians, and pray that God open your understanding to what He would have you to do or not do. It doesn't really matter what I feel or think about this, but I do believe it matters what God feels and thinks about this subject, and I know you want to do what pleases God or you wouldn't have come to me with these questions.

I do not have all the answers, but I direct you to the one who does. He has the answers for you and for me.

God Bless you in your search. The Bible tells us...he who hungers and thirsts after righteousness will be filled. He that knocketh, the door shall be opened to him, and he who seeketh..will find.
Sis. Rhoni
Old 06-01-2007, 06:11 AM
delete account

Have a blessed day everyone!

Rhoni
Old 06-01-2007, 07:11 PM
delete account

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson
In our world today ,there are people with abnormal sexual addictions and probelms.And alot married couples today are not having normal relations in the intimacy department.
Now in the church these sort of issues exist ,although sex and human sexuality is considered a taboo subject to discuss in the church.
Should churches teach on sex ?
Sex in it's proper place is a gift from God and the Bible is far from silent on the issue of Human Sexuality.
ABSOLUyELY! The couples counseling I have done in churches has primarily been about sexuality. People are really messed up in their thinking about what God does and doesn't allow! Imtimacy in the areas of communication as well as sexuality are a must to preserve a good marital relationship.

I cover this area well in my pre-marital counseling with engaged couples. I use the prepare/Enrich program and can teach other laymen and lay women to use it. It covers: communication, conflict resolution, family of origin issues, parenting, finances, ect...

Sex should be taught in churches from mid-adolesence through marriage and beyond.

Blessings, Rhoni
Closed Thread