Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-06-2010, 08:04 PM
the ultracon

Re: World Wide Revival Proclaimed by UPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
The following posted by Bishop Bernard on FB:

David K. Bernard - Thanks for all the kind and encouraging remarks! I will send out a more detailed report on the General Conference soon as soon as we compile and verify information. As Bro. Stoneking said, I believe this Conference is moving us into a new dimension of faith and revival.
Well now, if Br. Stoneking said it..............
Old 10-06-2010, 08:26 PM
My Family!

Quote:

David K. Bernard - Thanks for all the kind and encouraging remarks! I will send out a more detailed report on the General Conference soon as soon as we compile and verify information. As Bro. Stoneking said, I believe this Conference is moving us into a new dimension of faith and revival.
...because the atmosphere has been shredded!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Honorary Admin

Quote:

David K. Bernard - "... As Bro. Stoneking said, I believe this Conference is moving us into a new dimension of faith and revival.
This is only about the 100th time I've heard this exact thing since the 70's!

If we spent more time being real children of God instead of waiting for Him to do it all, we'd see far more people give their hearts & lives to Him. How long have "we" been waiting for it to come around the corner?

I'm just too busy working with people who need Him to be concerned with yet ANOTHER fallible prophet speak ANOTHER fallible word and never get held accountable to it.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post

If we spent more time being real children of God instead of waiting for Him to do it all, we'd see far more people give their hearts & lives to Him. How long have "we" been waiting for it to come around the corner?

I'm just too busy working with people who need Him to be concerned with yet ANOTHER fallible prophet speak ANOTHER fallible word and never get held accountable to it.
The Israelites asked "are we there yet" for how many years?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Scripture > Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
The Israelites asked "are we there yet" for how many years?
Are you comparing The upcoming REVIVAL WAVE (c) All rights Reserved. to the Simpsons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilzuHdlKHPw

Name-calling is the last resort of an exhausted mind.

When people have the facts, they argue the facts.

When they don't have the facts, they call names.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:57 PM
God's Son

Won't be a great revial without a great level of consecration and a period of fasting, praying, and a high level of biblical repentance. I can't see the upci being at the forefront of revival. They could lead the tongue talking renewal, but spiritual awakening will come with a different mindset than is being peddled by that organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
At the recent UPC Conference more than one preacher stood in the pulpit and proclaimed that the 2010 Conference was the start of a World Wide Revival. This was it!!! The big one!!! And it may very well have been the beginning of one. But, what if it isn't? Should claims like that be made for all the world to see and hear?

I remember in the late 70's in Louisiana, large outside billboards were erected all over the state proclaiming "The End Time Revival," and was promoted as the final revival, the end was coming, not much time left for getting saved! And it was promoted as imminent! That was well over 30 years ago and, .... well it was not what it was advertised to be? Is that okay? Should we make these kind of proclamations? and if we do shouldn't they come true.

Just thinkin...

by Been Thinkin

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 10-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post

Exactly! Ironically this is an example of what many UPCers rail against...the "scratch my ear, tell me what I want to hear" kind of preachers. They just have a different way of doing it.

And that is why "revival" will NEVER EVER really happen on the level the UPC desires.

Here are the problems as I see it. Revival has become more about a self promoting performance...people running the aisles, jumping up and down, the guitarist jumping off the platform and running the aisles...we say "that is revival".

Ironically, it was LS that said these words of wisdom once years ago "you ever been in a service where the music is just pumping and the people are all dancing and shouting and we say 'that was a powerful service'? Well...it may not have been a powerful service. It might have been a happy service or a rejoiceful service but not necessarily a powerful one. WHen the power of God really falls sinners come running to repentance, the lame walk and the blind see" or something to that effect.

We, as a group mentality, tend to manufacture revival results. We want to "spark" revival by saying "revival is not on the way, revival is here" and keep repeating that slogan rather than teaching people HOW to get a revival as opposed to how to act like there is a revival.

You want real revival? Stand up at GC and be honest and tell the people just how disappointed God is in them and their so called revivals.

Tell them that if they want the real deal, if they want God to really be involved in their revivals,then first realize that it's YOU that needs to be revived. Put away the silly games and shows and hypocrisy and turn to the Lord with repentance and prayers

2Ch 7:12 Then the LORD appeared to Solomon in the night and said to him: "I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a house of sacrifice.
2Ch 7:13 When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people,
2Ch 7:14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

2Ch 7:15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place.
2Ch 7:16 For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that my name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will be there for all time.
2Ch 7:17 And as for you, if you will walk before me as David your father walked, doing according to all that I have commanded you and keeping my statutes and my rules,

We preach this, but sadly we always fall back to doing revival "our way", because we are impatient and want performance oriented church, so we repeat the same song lines 15 times until Sister Sue finally starts screaming and Bro John runs the aisle and we call that revival.

Rather than seeking God until Heaven is open again, we act like heaven has been opened. We spend more time on our feet than on our face. This kind of stuff that is common at GC, every year, doesn't give the UPC direction. It just placates them

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16fG1sDagU
Old 10-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
At the recent UPC Conference more than one preacher stood in the pulpit and proclaimed that the 2010 Conference was the start of a World Wide Revival. This was it!!! The big one!!! And it may very well have been the beginning of one. But, what if it isn't? Should claims like that be made for all the world to see and hear?

I remember in the late 70's in Louisiana, large outside billboards were erected all over the state proclaiming "The End Time Revival," and was promoted as the final revival, the end was coming, not much time left for getting saved! And it was promoted as imminent! That was well over 30 years ago and, .... well it was not what it was advertised to be? Is that okay? Should we make these kind of proclamations? and if we do shouldn't they come true.

Just thinkin...

by Been Thinkin
Good question, BT. Hysteria and sensationalism or prophecy?
Old 10-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Good question, BT. Hysteria and sensationalism or prophecy?
or wishful thinking?

or political hype?