Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-04-2016, 12:47 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: You not preaching holiness till you've named i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker Barrel View Post
Oh no, you ain't a sittin' on the sidelines, this is YOUR thread, brother. Jump on in here, the water's fine...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-04-2016, 12:48 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

whew, got to the next page, back to normal screen resolution.

lol

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-04-2016, 12:57 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
This Biblical text actually goes against your arguments, it was because God was displeased with them that the commanded them to remove their jewelry, not before when God was please with them.

Removing the jewelry was a form of punishment.

But it was when God was please with them that he commanded them to wear jewelry.

Your legalism is the same legalism that the pharisees engaged in, and Jesus was not pleased with the super holiness of the Pharisees.
They were about to meet God in contrition and repentance, hence they needed to undeck themselves from their ornaments.

Sounds good to me. Also, seems to be the near universal experience of worldly people when they get good religion.

Old 09-04-2016, 12:58 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Ain't ya glad, that ya got good religion? Ain't ya glad, that ya got good religion? Ain't ya glad, that ya got good religion? Ya feet been taken out the miry clay.

Well it was Monday when I got good religion, my day was Monday when I got good religion, it was Monday when I got good religion, and my feet been taken out the miry clay...

Old 09-04-2016, 01:22 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Who you want praying with you when you're on your deathbed?

This guy?

Or these folks?

Old 09-04-2016, 02:05 AM
Acts 2:38 Wowii!

The holy looking people for sure. You can tell by the way that guy looks he's defiantly not holy. You can tell a tree by its fruit.
Luke 6:43
For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil...

Outward does matter, because it reveals true holiness. Nobody in my house said holiness wasn't important on the inside, but if it is on da inside it will show up on the outside.

If it is not on the inside, that too will show up on the outside.

Just like when you've got filth in your heart like cussing and da fighting and evil ( even thought MB and FS and others will defend cussing I'm sure) it will come out in your speech. Lolo I say!?!?

Matthew 12:34
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

It is also so dat if you are not right on the inside, it will show up in the way you dress, the way you adorn yourself, the way you act, the manner in which you conduct yourself. The places you go or do not go. Things you would or would not do. The things you put on or put off. If there is evil in the heart it will not stop with the words that you speak it will proceed into the actions of the person. That's outward.

Matthew 15:17-20
Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man....

Dis is why it is so important that when we see or feel in the Spirit that there is more beneath the surface of a trend or a style, we nail it down, and name it!
This is the job of the WATCHMAN. To watch, in the Spirit, for the things revealed in the flesh. So that the holy become not defiled and corrupted by those dat are not.

Haggai 2:12-14
If one bear holy flesh in the skirt of his garment, and with his skirt do touch bread, or pottage, or wine, or oil, or any meat, shall it be holy? And the priests answered and said, No. Then said Haggai, If one that is unclean by a dead body touch any of these, shall it be unclean? And the priests answered and said, It shall be unclean. Then answered Haggai, and said,
So is this people, and so is this nation before me, saith the Lord;
and so is every work of their hands;and that which they offer there is unclean.

Wowii!

Last edited by Cracker Barrel; 09-04-2016 at 02:34 AM.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
You must be talking about the crown and the breastplate the priests wore while ministering in the tabernacle. I hardly see this as a way to vindicate jewelry worn by people today, which is for no other purpose than ornamentation (with the exception of a wristwatch or wedding ring). The priests wore the breastplate with the twelve stones to represent the twelve tribes as he ministered in the tabernacle. He Wore those jewels next to his heart as he ministered. there is a lot that could be said about the priests garments, but I think it has nothing to do with proving new testament attire.
Jewels are jewels no matter where they are worn.

Gold jewelry is gold jewelry no matter where it is worn.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
I still interpret 1 Peter 3:1-5 literally.
I too still interpret 1 Peter 3:1-5 literally, however I clearly understand what Peter is saying.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Explain how to obey this:

Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
(1 Peter 3:3-4 KJV)

And this:

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
(1 Timothy 2:9-10 KJV)
Quite simple, These were Hebraic expressions which meant to emphasize a more modest spirit, there were not commandments or blanket prohibitions against Jewelry.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
They were about to meet God in contrition and repentance, hence they needed to undeck themselves from their ornaments.

Sounds good to me. Also, seems to be the near universal experience of worldly people when they get good religion.
So after they do they contrition and repentance then it should be no problem if they deck themselves with their ornaments.