Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Acts 2:38 Wowii!

You not preaching holiness till you've named it!

HOLINESS

Nothing greaves me more, than a man who is known among us, who has da ear of the people, and considered to be a preacher's preacher, that has influence, that will not preach his convictions. You can say, 'righteousness' 'holiness' and 'separation' from da world' in your message but in today's relative world it could mean something totally different to a crowd of a couple or several hundred or thousands. I don't mean naming the 5 things that we are all against, but things that have crept in among us unawares. There is a need to make plain what you are preaching. There is a need to say it in a way that nobody misunderstands what you are saying. I want to hear what you are for, young man, but please tell us, what are you against!?! Wowii

There is a need for the restoration of the open pulpit. A pulpit that isn't fettered to a man that has a red hot heart to preach what the Holy Ghost lays on his spirit. Why ask a man to preach for you, if he can't preach da burden of his heart?. When a man is prayed up, prayed through, with a heart full of love for da souls of men. A love for righteousness. A love for holiness. A heart tender to the conviction of the Holy Ghost. Let him preach, let that man name it.

We use the scripture in teaching on prayer, saying "" Matthew 21:21, say unto this mountain, be thou removed.."" Name the mountain to God in prayer. Why not name sin? why not name compromise? why not name those things that "so easily beset us. Hebrews 12:1"" ? The verse that says ""let it not be once named among you"" let me ask, if the sin had not been known then how is the church supposed to be aware? of what or who to run from? I'm not contradicting the apostle, but trying to show, that sin was known, because a man of God named it. Sure it was shameful but the church still had hope as long as the preacher had liberty to make it plain.
""1 Corinthians 14:8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?""
""Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand""

Our young men are savvy on the latest trends and fads, words that slip past us old Kahuna's, please help da church, not just by encouraging the down and out, not just by preaching about revival, and building faith for miracles, but brother, help loose those that are bound, by naming those things that are destroying from within. Preach against the queer looking purple pinstripe suits, the height water pants, the pink shirts, the pee wee Herman happy pattern bow ties. Those things that give our boys a feminine appearance.

Preach against the split skirts, the patterns in the hose, the gold in the hair the gold on the clothes. Ask those ladies to take off that shiny stuff from their garments and tie them on a rope and hang around their neck. They wouldn't do it because that would be jewelry. Well I want to ask you young lady, Then why wear it on your clothes? Wear something that's not embarrassing to your pastor, to your father, or that your fellow brother sitting on the pew wouldn't have to turn his head when looking at you from across the room because your skirt is too short and tight while sitting. Where in the world did all these Cesar headbands come from? They came from the pit of hell hatched out of Rome. Fix the church while you were there, preach that queer from behind the piano off the platform, and straighten that place out and have revival! We are not Romans and we are not Greeks we belong to the heavenly Jerusalem. Come on young man, tell us, say it, name it.
"" Isaiah 53:8, Who Shall Declare His Generation? ""

Last edited by Cracker Barrel; 09-02-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:10 AM
Goodbye World Goodbye

Re: You not preaching holiness till you've named i

If there was a like button, I would click. I agree, and I know that is what I heard in the days when I first began to seek Jesus.
John 3:16
What does this mean to you?
Old 09-03-2016, 04:55 AM
Registered Member

So is this another thread like one of the last where you are starting it to regret it later?

Old 09-03-2016, 05:14 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Holiness = clothing and appearance? Brother, holiness is so much more than that. As long as we maintain such a low view of holiness, we will keep getting what we've been getting. The outside will look right if the inside is right. But just because the outside looks right, don't mean the inside is right.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-03-2016, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Holiness = clothing and appearance? Brother, holiness is so much more than that. As long as we maintain such a low view of holiness, we will keep getting what we've been getting. The outside will look right if the inside is right. But just because the outside looks right, don't mean the inside is right.
Modern day phariseeism?

Old 09-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Yeshua is God

The High priest the most holy person was loaded with Jewelry, if jewelry was a sin, he was the most sinful man in Israel and in the Temple.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

Rev. 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

According to scripture, what does "a bride adorned for her husband" mean?

Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and AS A BRIDE ADRONETH HERSELF WITH JEWELS.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:29 AM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowas View Post
Rev. 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

According to scripture, what does "a bride adorned for her husband" mean?

Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and AS A BRIDE ADRONETH HERSELF WITH JEWELS.

God Said "But every woman shall borrow of her neighbour, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and ye shall put them upon your sons, and upon your daughters".

So God would command his people to load up with sinful things?
Old 09-03-2016, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

In Ezekiel 16 we see God using the picture of jewelry on a bride to indicate the trappings of the Tabernacle like bridal adornment for Jerusalem. Why would God use a sinful thing to illustrate a spiritual goodness?

If jewelry was wrong, that would be like using homosexuality to illustrate His love for us.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 09-03-2016, 09:33 AM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
In Ezekiel 16 we see God using the picture of jewelry on a bride to indicate the trappings of the Tabernacle like bridal adornment for Jerusalem. Why would God use a sinful thing to illustrate a spiritual goodness?

If jewelry was wrong, that would be like using homosexuality to illustrate His love for us.
Great Comment