Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGirl View Post
it was great! they used your chords. everyone went on and on about how the song was perfect!

PM me more details
Old 03-12-2007, 01:24 PM
My two little angels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
I want specifics
I did inside of your quote on my original post!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:25 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Me personally ?
Yes, you personally....Do you think it is the Word that mandates these things or do you think it should be so because that is what your church upholds. Meaning, when you marry these things are important to you....!!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:25 PM
My two little angels!

Here Thad!!

Originally Posted by Thad

HAIR
no cutting or trimming at all!! - this is one that I truly believe is biblical and I am personally convicted over.

MAKEUP
Pretty much plain - I wear a little "cover up" for blemishes, I am not blessed with flawless skin!! And I see nothing wrong with little lip gloss as long as it is not colored.

ATTIRE
No pants, skirts below the knee, slits below the knee, fitted but not tight, sleeves - usually to the elbow but that is just my preference I see nothing wrong with shorter ones as long as they cover the shoulder and the arm pit area. Shirts not too revealing in the way they fit or in the neck line. Yes,I wear nylons even though I hate them with a passion - in the summer I only wear them on Sunday nights when the choir sings.

JEWELRY
functional only (wedd ring, watch, hair clip)
Old 03-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenEsther View Post
I have noticed that happening in me the older I get!!!
My husband tells me it is because I am getting older...lol

I feel it is better for everyone that I stay a little bit more covered up
Old 03-12-2007, 01:31 PM
My two little angels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhaloisintheshop View Post
My husband tells me it is because I am getting older...lol

I feel it is better for everyone that I stay a little bit more covered up

Me too!!!! Lol!!!! My former pastor was STRICT about the sleeve length and I always thought that that was the dumbest rule - who is gonna get excited aobut an arm right??? And now my pastor has no problem with them being above the elbow but with my arms I keep them covered now!!!!! How things change as you get older.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
Yes, you personally....Do you think it is the Word that mandates these things or do you think it should be so because that is what your church upholds. Meaning, when you marry these things are important to you....!!
i'm conservative for myself personally but I give individuals a lot of leeway and freedom. i realize that opinions and scriptural interpatation varies on some issues . i truely believe that modesty is mandated for everyone though .
the standards I mentioned are girl standards. they are things that women often struggle with not men.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Me too!!!! Lol!!!! My former pastor was STRICT about the sleeve length and I always thought that that was the dumbest rule - who is gonna get excited aobut an arm right??? And now my pastor has no problem with them being above the elbow but with my arms I keep them covered now!!!!! How things change as you get older.
You just become more spiritual!! (kiddin)
Old 03-12-2007, 01:34 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
I heard this argument before....a couple of preachers and their wives we having dinner in a restaurant and we arguing about sleeve length. The one preacher said it didn't matter and they argued back and forth. Well, then waiter brought their food and placed the food right in front the preachers wife. Every one was real quiet because he wore a sleeveless shirt and his muscles were well defined. Nice and tanned, too!!! Quite sexy one might think! my point, some arms can be attractive!!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
i'm conservative for myself personally but I give individuals a lot of leeway and freedom. i realize that opinions and scriptural interpatation varies on some issues . i truely believe that modesty is mandated for everyone though .
the standards I mentioned are girl standards. they are things that women often struggle with not men.
I think she was asking about your PERSONAL feelings concerning these standards. Where do you personally stand on these issues?