Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-12-2020, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

Re: Chris Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by james34 View Post
Well this is a public forum......never is a prophet or dreamer to be followed just because the things they speak of (not names and addresses) comes to pass. You follow the word of God, if the professed prophet adheres to the word then maybe he can also be extended the right hand of fellowship(RIGHT HAND of FELLOWSHIP....What this entails is a lesson on it's own and well worth digging into and we should not non chalantely be extending this depth of trust and fellowship to everyone.).....these things are established with time ,and fruit bearing , knowing them that labor among you...consequently a prerequisite to fellowship that cannot be attained via an internet connection.
If a prophet or dreamer of dreams dream a dream or has a vision and it comes to pass and yet they lead away from the Word of God , these people are by definition the most dangerous that one could meet.
I just posted this very thing as confirmation before I read yours.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-12-2020, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Deuteronomy 13:1-4.. If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, ..(2).. And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; ..(3).. Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. ..(4).. Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

We are not told that if a certain manner is similar between psychics/false prophets and true prophets, then the prophet is false. We are told of the direction of worship and praise and dedication that is urged through the use of the miracle to learn the truth of the prophet. If the outcome is to lead you to false gods, then similarity is not the issue. The direction to which the "gift" leads is the issue.

Moses threw down the rod and it became a serpent. The magicians did the same. Was that manner of doing the ct of the miracle wrong with Moses because the magicians used the same manner? No. But Moses' swallowed up the others.

And the magicians did many of the SAME THINGS Moses did in the same manner. Manner was not the issue.

Exodus 7:20-22.. And Moses and Aaron did so, as the LORD commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood. ..(21).. And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt. ..(22).. And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, neither did he hearken unto them; as the LORD had said.

Exodus 8:6-7.. And Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt; and the frogs came up, and covered the land of Egypt. ..(7).. And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt.

But they could not do beyond that, as with dust turning to lice.

When we see a prophet do similar things that a psychic does, we ought to question more how the psychic does them so similarly, rather than the other way around, for the psychic is the counterfeit and will be known by leading people to other gods. The devil counterfeits what God started, meaning all that psychics do are counters that follow what God initiated with true prophets. When the similarity leads people to God it is genuine, as per the words of the Bible.
Excellent answer to a good question.

Note in my first post I said I'm impressed...so far. I am checking out his Youtube Channel.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Excellent answer to a good question.

Note in my first post I said I'm impressed...so far. I am checking out his Youtube Channel.
Thanks and Amen, the Bible says judge prophecies!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-12-2020, 02:25 PM
On the road less traveled

I guess it just comes with the territory because of all the water under the bridge, that we have become skeptical of anyone operating the gifts of the spirit. Because of flawed human nature, spiritual gifts can easily be misused. So that is why it is always wise to judge the fruit and not just the gift itself. If the fruit is ultimately leading and pointing to Christ, and not seeking its own self-glorification, that is worthy of paying attention to.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
I guess it just comes with the territory because of all the water under the bridge, that we have become skeptical of anyone operating the gifts of the spirit. Because of flawed human nature, spiritual gifts can easily be misused. So that is why it is always wise to judge the fruit and not just the gift itself. If the fruit is ultimately leading and pointing to Christ, and not seeking its own self-glorification, that is worthy of paying attention to.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop Harted View Post
I am underwhelmed.
But are you directed to praise Jesus? Are the gifts supposed to overwhelm us? Or direct worship to Jesus?

Last edited by mfblume; 05-12-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
The reason there is so much skepticism about those who operate gifts is because people do not understand how gifts fit into the Kingdom.

Paul said the Corinthians came behind in NO GIFT. They had them all!

1 Corinthians 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

But, they were so carnal that he could not talk to them about spiritual things. This sounds so offkey because gifts are SPIRITUAL, and yet the people are not spiritual. One would assume that only spiritual people can operate spiritual gifts.

1 Cor 3: 1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

And the reason was that they also had works of the flesh:

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Notice ENVY, STRIFE and DIVISIONS.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

(Seditions are divisions)

Jesus spoke of the entrance into the Kingdom and referred to the gifts:

Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

So, like these Corinthians, those who operated the gifts but were not carrying their crosses and following Jesus (workers of iniquity who did not hear HIS WORDS and obey them) were those who would not enter the kingdom.

So, this tells us that operation of the gifts is not dependent upon spirituality and even being right with God!

Because people do not understand this, and assume that anyone operating in deep supernatural manners must be spiritual, they are afraid of the gifts, and something makes them hesitate about accepting them, when they see these people preach error and live in sin. That something is their lack of awareness of the possibility to operate in the gifts and yet STILL NOT EVEN BE RIGHT WITH GOD. So, people see someone not right with God and operating gifts, and they get turned off them all.

Branham preached serpent seed and was deeply used in the world of knowledge.

Jack Coe saw miracles and died in an iron lung.

AA Allan was a miracle worker and an alcoholic.

But when one understands what Paul said in the above passages, along with Jesus' words, we know that one is not necessarily correctly serving God just because they're operating the GENUINE gifts. Jesus did not say that those whom he informed were never known by him were not operating genuine works of God's power in Jesus' name! He simply did not look for that, as they assumed HE WOULD and appealed to those gifts, when they were disallowed into the kingdom.

Once you know that, then you lose that resistance and skepticism, and realize that we need to look to others things to determine our spirituality such as the fruit and willingness to follow Jesus with our crosses, and not supernatural feats of gifts of the Spirit.

That does not mean we should avoid the gifts! But just know that they are not meant to determine spirituality, but benefit the body of Christ. And spirituality is found elsewhere. So, a truly spiritual person, like Paul the Apostle, would operate gifts and also bear fruit of the Spirit while carrying his cross!

Last edited by mfblume; 05-12-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
The reason there is so much skepticism about those who operate gifts is because people do not understand how gifts fit into the Kingdom.
In my case skepticism is due to experiences. Not saying Mr Reed is a fraud or an occultist. I was just wondering why my experiences with genuine prophetic gifts and reading descriptions in the Word do not match this questioning format, whereas my experiences with occultism and fraudsters does.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-12-2020, 03:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Branham preached serpent seed and was deeply used in the world of knowledge.

Jack Coe saw miracles and died in an iron lung.

AA Allan was a miracle worker and an alcoholic.
I don't believe these guys were anymore genuinely gifted than Benny Hinn or Ellen White, to be honest.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-12-2020, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
In my case skepticism is due to experiences. Not saying Mr Reed is a fraud or an occultist. I was just wondering why my experiences with genuine prophetic gifts and reading descriptions in the Word do not match this questioning format, whereas my experiences with occultism and fraudsters does.
I was not necessarily referring to you.

However, our experiences may not cover the gamut of what is actually of God. For that reason, we can only go by the proper standard of the Word. And the word did not say that the magicians weren't of God because they did not lay their rods down in the precise way that Moses did when they turned into serpents.