Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-31-2024, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

Re: Chris reed joins the ministry elite

If you notice the title of this thread, and read the paragraph from Joyner’s message below, you’ll see why I titled the thread as I did. I believe that this whole mess will be spun to imply that CR’S best days of ministry lie ahead. He’s being tested. In Washington DC they call it spin doctoring. When you take something that should be horrific, and twist it to mean something good. In the Bible it’s referred to as calling good evil and evil good. Hide your loved ones from these kind of people. They have convinced themselves and their followers that they are next to God. Don’t believe they aren’t in the apostolic church, because they are. Teach your children to be wary of them. And don’t allow your wives to be confused. The husband is head of the wife. Not the pastor. Keep it straight. Nobody will protect your family like you.

“However, I've seen some wake up, get restored, and even when they had lost many years of effective service, the Lord make this up to them," he added. "For this reason, I never give up on anyone, regardless of how far off they seem to get. Many of the great voices in Scripture and history also experience this. Not all recovered, but those who did were used in an even greater way."

Utter garbage!
Old 08-31-2024, 09:45 PM
He will direct my path!

It's confusing because Chris says he's leaving due to a scandal at MorningStar with some children being abused.

Then Chris admits to sexual misconduct for which he had already been reinstated

Then Rick says Chris is leaving because of some sort of deception.

And then Rick brings up cases of other people who failed and were deceived about their ministry being over.

It just doesn't tie together well. Maybe Rick is trying to shift the attention to Chris to cover over his own current scandal.

Last edited by Amanah; 08-31-2024 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-31-2024, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
It's confusing because Chris says he's leaving due to a scandal at MorningStar with some children being abused.

And then Rick brings up cases of other people who failed and were deceived about their ministry being over.

It just doesn't tie together well. Maybe Rick is trying to shift the attention to Chris to cover over his own current scandal.
When it’s all said and done, if they have their way, people will feel soooo blessed to have a leader who is an adulterer, or a thief, or a pedophile, or all of the above. The sad part is that he’ll probably be bigger than ever. All in the name of forgiveness. And tolerance. By the way, I’m definitely not excusing the behavior of the woman either. But she is the weaker vessel.

Is forgiveness available? Sure! But maybe he should be mowing the grass and cleaning the restrooms. He’s proven his leadership skills already.

Pastor at 25? How’d that work out? Maybe pay more attention to the instructions next time.
Old 09-01-2024, 05:55 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Is Joyner saying that it's deceptive to think there can't be restoration back into ministry for sexual misconduct or abuse?
Most certainly. Rick Joyner brings up how many years he missed in ministry because of sexual improprieties. Then brings up Bob Jones, and Paul Caine.
But let’s look a recent history, Todd Bentley. Rick Joyner put that pervert back in the pulpit. As Tithemister stated these individuals can’t see the forest for the trees. They believe the gifts of God are without repentance. Meaning that if you are called to be a youth leader, then no matter how many children you molested you can be restored back to the ministry. The New Apostolic Reformation is an ecclesiastical cess pool. But, it’s the people who make it so.

Listen, you need an audience to continue this horror show. If people don’t grab their children and run for the door. Then what can you do? Listen a man (or woman) who cheat on their spouse doesn’t only cheat on the spouse. They cheat on their children. Their church family. Their fellow ministers. Not just one person is betrayed here. Wasn’t Chris married before met Missy Reed? I believe he had, when he was going to take Elder Audie McQuiston’s church in Liberal Kansas?

This isn’t 1953 anymore or even 1973. Our morals as a nation have slouched towards Gomorrah. Again, it’s the people who keep any church, cult, or ministry in power. Jim Jones didn’t murder 900 men, women, and children on his own. No dictator runs a country on their own. It takes a crowd, it takes followers. Who are all willing to walk right off the ecclesiastical cliff headlong into a pit.

Chris Reed had made predictions which failed? Biblically he should’ve lost his prophet license. Yet, he wasn’t sat down or drummed out of the core. No, the people love to have it so. Donations, tithes, and offerings still flow. When Bob Coy pastor of Calvary Chapel, Fort Lauderdale, was sleeping with his female saints. He was told to leave the church ( he started) by his church board. Yet it was the people who wanted him back. Our goal isn’t the pulpit. Our goal is our own well being, our peace of mind, our family, but most of all eternal life. These ministers believe they have to be on the platform. Not just as a star, but as a place of financial success. It’s their bread and butter. If they had to have a secular job or do this for free. Then honey child you’d see a whole lot less of individuals wanting to be in the pulpit.

I pray for Chris and Missy, I hope they live for Jesus Christ the rest of their days. But the pulpit, and platform is poison to Chris. Let’s just say this happening to him is a warning shot over his bow. Take it as such. But if he goes back into his dog and pony show? He’ll just learn to hide any improprieties better. Yet, no matter how clever an individual may think they are, something always leaks out.

Pray for Chris and Missy Reed.
Old 09-01-2024, 06:07 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

I think Chris thought he could leave by just saying it was because of the child molesting at Morning Star. But, Rick Joyner wasn’t going to go down like that. Chris the pious hero, defender of the weak, servant of the trembling souls. Who was once violated and now with noble brow leaving to do his own work. Nope, Rick wasn’t having any of that. So, he retorted with his own letter to the fans. Where he let them know his side of the story. Then Chris and Missy made their video which Tithemister posted in his fist post of this thread. As I had mentioned earlier in this thread, when you are in a hole you need to stop digging. Chris might of believed Joyner never would’ve brought up Chris’ situation to the public? Who knows. Anyway you slice this it’s bad.

I hope all involved find peace, and move on to sanity.
Old 09-01-2024, 06:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
When it’s all said and done, if they have their way, people will feel soooo blessed to have a leader who is an adulterer, or a thief, or a pedophile, or all of the above. The sad part is that he’ll probably be bigger than ever. All in the name of forgiveness. And tolerance. By the way, I’m definitely not excusing the behavior of the woman either. But she is the weaker vessel.

Is forgiveness available? Sure! But maybe he should be mowing the grass and cleaning the restrooms. He’s proven his leadership skills already.

Pastor at 25? How’d that work out? Maybe pay more attention to the instructions next time.
Now, I know young ministers who are super gifted, in SELF CONTROL!

If JESUS calls you, He will guide you. Spiritual gifts are awesome. But, SELF CONTROL can be obtained by Atheists to Hindu Elephant boys. If the secular world can knock out some home runs in SELF CONTROL, then it can be accomplished by a man or woman of God. Also weaker vessel? I’m not so sure. If a man is in leadership he needs to lead us around the pit. Not into them. He needs to have his head on straight. Hey accidents happen. They are unforeseen, no matter how watchful you may be. But adultery isn’t an accident by either party.
Old 09-01-2024, 07:57 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

These are the allegations against the individual who was part of Morningstar church. This was the individual Chris brings up in his letter concerning why he left.

https://www.wbtv.com/2023/05/03/corn...ct-with-minor/

Looks like God tells these prophets the most useless info. Oil rigs being knocked down in the Florida gulf. Presidents attempted assassinations. Pretty useless to your church family. But a sexual predator seemingly goes unnoticed by the Holy Ghost? Come on, think about it people. You telling me my address, or the location of my car keys, may help you to be a prophetical rock star, but doesn’t protect me and my family.
Old 09-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Listen to this video and what this guy reports

Old 09-01-2024, 11:13 AM
He will direct my path!

Both Joyner and Reed are corrupt to the core and never intended to act with integrity. They are only trying to protect themselves. It's good that it's being exposed so that people can understand the deception and not be sucked in.

Like the Brandon Biggs guy, everyone was sharing his video including Apostolics. People are too easily sucked in to anything sensational.

Last edited by Amanah; 09-01-2024 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-01-2024, 01:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Here are two individuals who have some interesting things to say. I don't know anything about them. A young couples view of what is happening.

BREAKING: Chris Reed of MorningStar ADMITS to S*xu@L Misconduct!!! "I am fully to Blame"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMwTkLuZx_g