Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

Re: Do u allow Running,Shouting,Dancing in your ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1399 View Post
Again, I am grateful for this board. I just visited a church (because of their doctrine) last Sunday for their morning and evening services and noticed that their morning service was so NOT what I was hoping for in the area of praise and worship.

So I ask, is it the norm for "1-stepper" churches to be not lively? I have a "3-stepper" background and the churches I have attended in the past have always allowed for praise and worship to happen.

Appears there is "no room" for that kind of free expression of praise and worship at my new church.

If I agree with them doctrinally, but they are not so lively, should I find another church to attend? I really liked this church, the people were so loving and caring and I clicked real well with the folks I spoke and fellowshipped with.

I felt like I belonged, mainly because of their doctrine.

But they have "thrown the baby out with the bath water" IMHO, while trying to distance themselves from the fake and mess assiociated with demonstrative worship.
Maybe give the church another chance? Sometimes you just have an off service. I'm sure there have been services at my church that a visitor wouldn't have necessarily thought we were a lively church, but they would have been wrong.

I would give them another chance or two if I really liked the church overall.