Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Kim Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

It was US Marshals who took her into custody, so the KY State Police should be sent to free her.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
We should rather obey God than man was a statement made against the Judean religious rulership. You still have a quandary, that we are called to peace, that we may live in peace. That's the reason you have separatist movements, because they sought to separate totally from the outside world.

You cannot legislate morality, or godly living, we are to preach to them, but we cannot enforce our rules over them.

My dear brother pray like never before, and shout like never before, because we fight on the floor, down on our faces. Through tears, and strong prayer, no protest is going to do anything when a people are so bent to go against Jesus Christ in such numbers.
Only if it shreds the devil's air, will I shout!
Old 09-03-2015, 01:44 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:

It was US Marshals who took her into custody, so the KY State Police should be sent to free her.
This is what im saying. They took her to some jail.

Im saying just open the door and let her out.

LOL.

tell the feds to pound sand.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Why is it we applaud Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego for refusing to bow to the King's demands; yet some believe it's wrong to oppose the Federal or State government?

Obey we man rather than God?
Nebuchadnezzar's demands were of religious worship. It would be the equivalent of a government official ordering you or I to kiss an Icon.
The woman was in the job before the supreme court decision, it may also be the same court who will decide her fate?
Old 09-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Only if it shreds the devil's air, will I shout!
Maybe we can even get starchy sisters to get out of their pews.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
My dear brother pray like never before, and shout like never before, because we fight on the floor, down on our faces. Through tears, and strong prayer, no protest is going to do anything when a people are so bent to go against Jesus Christ in such numbers.
I do believe in the power of prayer and intercession, though at times like this it appears to be to no avail. I read the comments being posted, both after the SCOTUS ruling and again today, and see the mocking and comments against God and His power and it angers me.

I told a friend, I understand God gives grace to the worst of people, but sometimes I wish He would do what he did with the Philistines and smite them with hemorrhoids, or at least a plague of some kind of pestilence. Fleas. Bed bugs. Something!
Old 09-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I do believe in the power of prayer and intercession, though at times like this it appears to be to no avail. I read the comments being posted, both after the SCOTUS ruling and again today, and see the mocking and comments against God and His power and it angers me.

I told a friend, I understand God gives grace to the worst of people, but sometimes I wish He would do what he did with the Philistines and smite them with hemorrhoids, or at least a plague of some kind of pestilence. Fleas. Bed bugs. Something!
Brother, if he smote them when they do things that make him weep how much more would he have to smite you and I when we WHO KNOW BETTER do other things that make him weep?
Old 09-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Brother, I understand, but we can't allow current events to make us think our prayers only hit the ceiling. Jesus hears us, and I think that's why people love Brother Stoneking, because he talks about miraculous (I may not agree with stuff he says at times) but I do believe that people leave a Brother Stoneking meeting ready to fast, and pray, and expect something to happen.

Even when at times it seems to no avail, then we just have to keep Pressing On.

Remember meetings when you were growing up? Powerful things you have seen? which no one can refute! Jesus is still the same God who was in control then, as He is now. This isn't Jesus' first rodeo, and He is waiting to show Himself strong for someone who believes Him and His word.

I don't have to pray for homosexual activists to have issues with their hind quarters. Enough said about that.

We need to forgive, and pray for this place where we live because this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant's <3 View Post
Brother, if he smote them when they do things that make him weep how much more would he have to smite you and I when we WHO KNOW BETTER do other things that make him weep?
A very good point.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant's <3 View Post
Quote:
A very good point.
I do agree. And I don't really pray for them to be smitten, because I understand grace and forgiveness. I'm just venting.