Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: What are your freelings the son's pre-existence?
I think the son existed only in the plan of God before the incarnation. 14 41.18%
I don't thing the son existed at all before the incarnation. 5 14.71%
I think that the son existed in some manner with the Father before the incarnation. 11 32.35%
None of these explain my feelings. I will comment below. 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Re: The Pre-Existence Of The Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
To teach that God created a permanent form of some kind in eternity is actually Arianism. Here is the question I ask all folks who believe this.
"What happened to that body at the incarnation?"

Should be simple. Good luck. Micheal has never been able to answer that so I am waiting?
I don't believe that God created a permanent form of some kind in eternity.

What I'm saying is that the WORD of God is the visible form of the invisible God.

This visible form of God is the EXPRESS IMAGE of God. This visible form of God is what appeared to men of old (example: Adam)

The WORD is what became flesh. So there's no question as to what happened to the body at the incarnation.

Col 1
13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Heb 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

1 John 4:12
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 Tim 6
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

No man has seen the invisible God at any time. We've only seen him in his express self-revelation to us.
This is NOT Arianism.
I believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God is the Almighty God himself.
I'm pretty sure Arians do NOT believe that.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 11-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
To teach that God created a permanent form of some kind in eternity is actually Arianism. Here is the question I ask all folks who believe this.
"What happened to that body at the incarnation?"

Should be simple. Good luck. Micheal has never been able to answer that so I am waiting?
The form was only permanent until Bethlehem. The "body" was the Logos. The Logos became flesh.

Arians teach the Son of God was created as the begotten Son. Another individual who was not God himself. This is not what we teach. The WORD was the image of the invisible God. A form for the omnipresent one. Jesus is still the Logos but now as a man rather than the Angel of YHWH.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Now we part.
Now that's funny...

The place where you part is on a direct quote of scripture.

One just can't make these things up.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
If the Son pre-existed as GOD HIMSELF....Then He was God Himself not God the Son...How did He exist? As God Himself...the answer was right infront of you
Yeah.

I'm sure that the quote above makes all the sense in the world to you but it's all circular reasoning to me.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
The form was only permanent until Bethlehem. The "body" was the Logos. The Logos became flesh.

Arians teach the Son of God was created as the begotten Son. Another individual who was not God himself. This is not what we teach. The WORD was the image of the invisible God. A form for the omnipresent one. Jesus is still the Logos but now as a man rather than the Angel of YHWH.
What happened to this permanent body?
Old 11-10-2011, 06:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post

What I'm saying is that the WORD of God is the visible form of the invisible God.

This visible form of God is the EXPRESS IMAGE of God. This visible form of God is what appeared to men of old (example: Adam)

The WORD is what became flesh. So there's no question as to what happened to the body at the incarnation.

Col 1
13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Heb 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 Tim 6
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

No man has seen the invisible God at any time. We've only seen him in his express self-revelation to us.
This is NOT Arianism.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they are saying that body became flesh... Of course that's a relatively simple explanation since neither of them really use the term body to describe the Word.

Last edited by jfrog; 11-10-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post

Col 1

Heb 1

1 Tim 6

This is NOT Arianism.
I think you are onto something... I will have to think about it.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
I'm pretty sure they are saying that body became flesh... Of course that's a relatively simple explanation since neither of them really use the term body to describe the Word.
Splain that please how did the BODY become flesh?
Old 11-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Saved & Shaved

LOL. They shoulda said it was a temp body that vaporized.