Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Pastor's Wife

Re: Speaking in Tongues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
just as we often repeat the same words of praise in English like
praise the Lord
Thank You, Jesus
Glory to God
We praise You, Lord
We give You Glory
We magnify Your name
etc,

some repeat certain phrases in their prayer language.
Brother Sam,

I know we don't see eye to eye on all views, but I certainly agree with you here.

I would also like to say that I admire the way you respond to people who do not agree with you. You always accept it with a good spirit, never trying to hurt or insult as some would.

God Bless,

Sister Helen Febus
Old 07-15-2010, 02:47 AM
Registered Member

Hello everyone!! ...I am new to AFF and I read the topic and I liked Sam's answers in regards to the fact that we do repeat certain words when we glorify God. It makes me remember when I moved in and lived with some friends who is a pastor; wife and children that started a daughter church in a vietnamese and filipino neighborhood. They were filipino family and spoke tagalog when they were with friends and sometimes he would preach to his tagolog congregation. Well I didn't understand tagolog but I would listen and he would say certain words over and over again. I love speaking in tongues because it edifies me and I fill renewed (weights fall off me). The church is not edified; only myself ...unless a interpreter comes into the picture; but that's a different tongues called (divers tongues) which is a gift of the Spirit and I really don't think I have that gift.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Yep. A lady in our church gave the same message every time. Something like this (maybe someone can translate for us):

Kodio mykada, kedio mykada, kodio mykada, kedio mykada.
Kodio mykada, kedio mykada, kodio mykada, kedio mykada.
Kodio mykada, kai.

(repeat)

After two or three of the above, she would end with an extra "Kodio mykada, kai." Some kind of heavenly sonnet, I guess. Funny thing is, the interpretations were always different.

I know i'm not supposed to be laughing.
sorry

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 07-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
just as we often repeat the same words of praise in English like
praise the Lord
Thank You, Jesus
Glory to God
We praise You, Lord
We give You Glory
We magnify Your name
etc,

some repeat certain phrases in their prayer language.
Wow!

That really makes sense!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

When someone is genuinely speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost one is not aware that they are repeating certain words,it is entirely possible one is making intercession for matters one is not aware of.

While there are errors and excesses in alot of pentecostal and charismatic type of churches there are genuine articles too,one should use caution of making judgements in these kind of situations.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Forever Loved Admin

This is a subject that should be discussed very carefully.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 08-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

The following video is very helpful in understanding the gifts of tongues, prophecy and knowledge and why they ceased.

Speaking In Tongues Part A

God bless,
Mick
Old 08-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

my personal belief is that 1 Corinthians 13:8-13 means that in this life we have incomplete knowledge and incomplete revelation and the gifts of the Spirit help us, but some day (the rapture to a dispensationalist) we will be perfected and the temporary stuff like gifts of the Spirit will no longer be necessary. A paraphrase of some of the passage in 1 Corinthians 13 could be, "In the future faith will give way to sight (2 Cor 5:7) and hope will turn into experience (Romans 8:24). Love alone is eternal."

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 08-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

i just want to share this if i may i very much love when diver kinds of tongues and intrepretation is used,it is so awesome to me i always find myself repenting for whatever when this happens just in case i did wrong or thought wrong this is what i wanted to share i would pray for god to use me any way that he could i remember saying lord if you ever use me in divers kinds or tongues or in the intrepretation let me know its you and not me one night a couple sisters and myself went and prayed at the church and all the sudden it got real quiet and it was like an egg was cracked on top of my head but oil was dripping down my whole body and suddenly tongues came out of my mouth so fast it escaped me i must say it was the most awecome feeling i had felt he used me in the tongue but used another sister in the intrepretation and the sister said the message was to her it was so awesome just wanted to share