Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-19-2007, 08:57 AM
A rose in the desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenEsther View Post
You all are scaring me because we have been taking our car to walmart for oil changes and tires for the past 5 years and have had no problems. In fact one time they messed up something on my husbands vehicle while changing the tire and they fixed it at no extra charge. Don't know if we just have a good walmart of it we just haven't seen the bad yet. I hope we don't but this thread makes me leary to conitnue on!!!
I also take our car's there for oil changes and recently bought some tires with no problems. Maybe this is just an isolated case, even some well known dealership service dept's mess up sometimes....... I hope
Old 03-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Prayerful lives are powerful

My husband has always taken our vehicles to Wal-Mart for tires and oil changes. We have never had any problems.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Administrator

I have had my oil changed at Wal Mart for many, many years with no incidents.

I think horror stories of drain plugs not put back in or tightened, etc happen from time to time with any company that changes oil. You just have to pray that you are not the one in a million.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Prayerful lives are powerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I have had my oil changed at Wal Mart for many, many years with no incidents.

I think horror stories of drain plugs not put back in or tightened, etc happen from time to time with any company that changes oil. You just have to pray that you are not the one in a million.
I have been the one in a million just not a walmart. The plug wasn't put back in or something happened and my rear end blew. The company did repair my vehicle.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Saved & Shaved

Aight.... our mechanic thinks they drained the oil... forgot about it.. started the car... heard the noise... refilled it with oil.... parked the car... and decided to say "we didn't touch it.."
Old 03-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
Aight.... our mechanic thinks they drained the oil... forgot about it.. started the car... heard the noise... refilled it with oil.... parked the car... and decided to say "we didn't touch it.."
I'd be checking into legal options-- and see if there's a way to get the tape of what went on in the TLE during the time the car was supposed to be there.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenEsther View Post
You all are scaring me because we have been taking our car to walmart for oil changes and tires for the past 5 years and have had no problems. In fact one time they messed up something on my husbands vehicle while changing the tire and they fixed it at no extra charge. Don't know if we just have a good walmart of it we just haven't seen the bad yet. I hope we don't but this thread makes me leary to conitnue on!!!
well, the issues I've had at Wal-Mart could happen anywhere, from the quick lube place on the corner to the dealership....

You just have to a careful, informed consumer with anything you purchase or have serviced. Keep records and dont be afraid to speak up if something isnt right.

I wouldnt stop doing business at your local Wal-Mart based on our issues - no two establishments are the same, unless the issues we have are b/c of corporate policies and not a poor workforce....

I personally will not do business at our local walmart for auto maintenance or tires - it was a bad experience that others in our area have had. But again, I think it's b/c they have lousy customer service and they do poor work....

so does the Mercedes dealer around here..

yk?