Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Registered Member

The prosperity of the Saints...

This verse dropped in my inner beings this morning...

3 John 2

2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
KJV

Paul was writing to his friend, Gaius, and verse two is his greeting...the salutation of a loving friend. If we were writing it, we might say, "I trust all is well with you."

Paul knew his friend very well, and thus was aware of his faith. It was such that Paul's prayer was that his friend have abundance in finance and health, even as his soul prospered.

The Amplified explains this a bit further...

3 John 2

2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers.
AMP

This is the mind I want to have toward the Saints...to pray blessing on the people of God...that you may prosper in every way.

And so this day, I pray for prosperity...that God would open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings that you don't have room to contain.

I pray that God will open doors of necessity and close the doors of adversity.

May God shine His mercy down on His people today, giving peace and strength in abundance.

I pray for healing of the heart...may God heal the wounds which have had you bound and hurting for so long. May there be peace in your family and love in your veins...may it run long and rich with godly love.

May God heal every ache and pain...may there be strength in our bodies to do all that is asked of us this day.

I pray that the love of Christ might burn deep within our hearts and make us one...regardless of differences of opinion or conviction, may we rise as the Body and be one in heart and determination.

I pray for the pastors and their wives...this is a trying time for many. May God answer your prayers and give His Word of direction. May He keep you strong and true to His Word, preaching without fear or favor in the bonds of peace.

Thank you, Lord, for your grace and mercy, and for salvation...thank you for hearing this prayer and answering in your will and time.

We praise your Name today and give you the glory...in Jesus Name, Amen!!