Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station > Tech Talk: with Bit & Byte
Facebook

Notices

Tech Talk: with Bit & Byte For all those that speak Geek & Greek among us! Or for those technically challenged who don't!

Old 06-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Genesis 11:10

HELP!: contra-virus

How do I get this thing out of my computer? Spybot gets rid of it, but it comes back when I restart. Avast! instructs me to put it in chest, then I have to uninstall it from c\programfiles\contravirus\contravirusproexe, now I get popup blocker sound every 12 seconds and my virus alert icon is active.BTW this is a trojan, if that helps any.

ARPH

Last edited by Arphaxad; 06-09-2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: more info
Old 06-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Genesis 11:10

It just installed itself again. majorgeeks to the rescue.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Go Dodgers!

See my PM to you

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Oneness Pentecostal Preacher

First, it is malware, not a trojan virus.

Initially I would say get Trend Micro's HijackThis! and try removing it with this software, otherwise:

Step one: Delete the Contravirus folder out of program files.
Step two: goto start...run.... type "regedit" click OK. When the registry editor pops up, Press CTRL+F the find window pops up. type in contra and click find next. Delete any entries you find by clicking on them and pressing the delete key.

Step Three: Start...run.... type in msconfig.... click on services and startup tabs in turn, and uncheck any entries you see related to Contra.

Be careful with editing the registry. It can cause system crashes. I recommend backing it up.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaiQ View Post
First, it is malware, not a trojan virus.

Initially I would say get Trend Micro's HijackThis! and try removing it with this software, otherwise:

Step one: Delete the Contravirus folder out of program files.
Step two: goto start...run.... type "regedit" click OK. When the registry editor pops up, Press CTRL+F the find window pops up. type in contra and click find next. Delete any entries you find by clicking on them and pressing the delete key.

Step Three: Start...run.... type in msconfig.... click on services and startup tabs in turn, and uncheck any entries you see related to Contra.

Be careful with editing the registry. It can cause system crashes. I recommend backing it up.
What in the world?!?! When did Trend Micro hijack HijackThis? Did they make improvements on it since it was made by merlin? I've been using it for a while now but I didn't know Trend Micro took over...that might end up being bad news though like when Symantec took over partition magic

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 AM
Oneness Pentecostal Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
What in the world?!?! When did Trend Micro hijack HijackThis? Did they make improvements on it since it was made by merlin? I've been using it for a while now but I didn't know Trend Micro took over...that might end up being bad news though like when Symantec took over partition magic
Yeah, no kiddin' I'm not exactly a big fan of tm myself. Here's the link: http://us.trendmicro.com/us/products...-and-services/

Hopefully they don't mess it up too bad.

I love partition magic but your right... symantec messed up a good thing. Can't be a small software company and make a good thing anymore. Someone's always there to buy it out.