Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-21-2016, 01:20 AM
Registered Member

Obama skips Scalia's funeral to go golfing???

I saw this article in my Facebook news feed posted by some of my friends:
http://conservativepost.com/disrespe...neral-to-golf/

I have to ask a serious question here: When did it become OK for Christians to openly disrespect their president? I can disagree with Obama on several issues, but the Bible teaches us to pray for him, not disrespect him.

And articles like this grieve my heart. The headline is misleading click bait, for one. It's based solely in lies. And Satan is the father of lies.

I did some further research and Snopes.com states:
"In actuality, the President was spending the weekend reading through lengthy dossiers and job histories of potential candidates for Scalia's replacement, according to his press secretary.

"President Obama did not appear to have disregarded any traditions in the way he paid his respects to Scalia. Scalia's Catholicism and the tone of the event appeared to have been a considerable factor in who attended the funeral; the Catholic Church discourages distractions from the solemnity of Mass, and the presence of the President would undeniably have affected the ceremony."

Seeing good Christians fall for lies such as this really grieves my heart. We should lift up and pray for our leaders, not join in the lies to tear them down. Even if we disagree politically with them.

http://www.snopes.com/obama-snubs-scalias-funeral/
Old 02-21-2016, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

Oh good grief
Old 02-22-2016, 12:07 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Re: Obama skips Scalia's funeral to go golfing???

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Oh good grief
Praying for the President is not David's cup of tea
Old 02-22-2016, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Praying for the President is not David's cup of tea
Untrue. Blatantly false. But it's you, so no surprise here.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:02 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Re: Obama skips Scalia's funeral to go golfing???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDanBurns View Post
I saw this article in my Facebook news feed posted by some of my friends:
http://conservativepost.com/disrespe...neral-to-golf/

I have to ask a serious question here: When did it become OK for Christians to openly disrespect their president? I can disagree with Obama on several issues, but the Bible teaches us to pray for him, not disrespect him.

And articles like this grieve my heart. The headline is misleading click bait, for one. It's based solely in lies. And Satan is the father of lies.

I did some further research and Snopes.com states:
"In actuality, the President was spending the weekend reading through lengthy dossiers and job histories of potential candidates for Scalia's replacement, according to his press secretary.

"President Obama did not appear to have disregarded any traditions in the way he paid his respects to Scalia. Scalia's Catholicism and the tone of the event appeared to have been a considerable factor in who attended the funeral; the Catholic Church discourages distractions from the solemnity of Mass, and the presence of the President would undeniably have affected the ceremony."

Seeing good Christians fall for lies such as this really grieves my heart. We should lift up and pray for our leaders, not join in the lies to tear them down. Even if we disagree politically with them.

http://www.snopes.com/obama-snubs-scalias-funeral/
Even Jesus took a whip, and drove the money changers from His house. We can pray for our leaders, while still calling them out on their actions.