Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Obituaries
Facebook

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Passing of Carol Shearer (Huss), Dayton, Ohio

http://hosting-24905.tributes.com/sh...earer-93305732
Old 02-23-2012, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Re: Passing of Carol Shearer (Huss), Dayton, Ohio

I met this dear lady in Texarkana, TX, in the early sixties. What an inspiration she was!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Sister Alvear

Sorry to hear of her passing...will be praying for the family.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 02-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I met this dear lady in Texarkana, TX, in the early sixties. What an inspiration she was!
Sarah, July of 1959, while on our honeymoon, we visited Bro. Huss Shearer's church in Texarkana, TX. Their son, John, and wife Janet, live in the D-FW metro-plex and is a dear friend.
Some of my husband's relatives attended this church in Texarkana for several years.

Falla39
Old 02-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

I visited The Apostolic Lighthouse various times in the 70's and 80's. I never met Sister Schearer but spoke with her husband the Pastor. Hundreds (maybe thousands) of people were saved at that Church. Quite conservative in those days I dont know how they walk now.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Banned

I was born again at the Apostolic Lighthouse Church in Dayton Ohio 23 years ago (1989). Huss Shearer was my first pastor. A fantastic man of God. The best pastor I ever had.

Here's a little story about Sis. Shearer...

When my then girlfriend and I decided to get married we didn't have enough money for a wedding. We were going to settle for a small wedding in Huss Shearer's office. But when Sis. Carol Shearer found out she told us we were going to have a "real wedding". Sis. Shearer talked to a sister in the church (a wedding planner) and basically "assigned" her to plan our wedding. lol Sis. Shearer then began pulling all kinds of decorations and supplies out of storage and showed them to us. After all was said and done we ended up having a very beautiful wedding in the fellowship hall and had a wonderful honeymoon. Sis. Shearer even bought a "little something" for my wife to wear on our wedding night. It was very nice I might add. lol

Her methods of helping women embrace our modesty standards were wonderful. I'd never seen so many women inspired to hold those kinds of standards with such joy. Her humility, poise, and inner beauty truly shined through when addressing the congregation. It was so easy to be humbled by her humility and grace.

Sis. Shearer was so good to us. She was truly an awesome woman of God and we were blessed to have her in our lives.

Last edited by Aquila; 02-23-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Sister Alvear

That is a very touching story...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I was born again at the Apostolic Lighthouse Church in Dayton Ohio 23 years ago (1989). Huss Shearer was my first pastor. A fantastic man of God. The best pastor I ever had.

Here's a little story about Sis. Shearer...

When my then girlfriend and I decided to get married we didn't have enough money for a wedding. We were going to settle for a small wedding in Huss Shearer's office. But when Sis. Carol Shearer found out she told us we were going to have a "real wedding". Sis. Shearer talked to a sister in the church (a wedding planner) and basically "assigned" her to plan our wedding. lol Sis. Shearer then began pulling all kinds of decorations and supplies out of storage and showed them to us. After all was said and done we ended up having a very beautiful wedding in the fellowship hall and had a wonderful honeymoon. Sis. Shearer even bought a "little something" for my wife to wear on our wedding night. It was very nice I might add. lol

Her methods of helping women embrace our modesty standards were wonderful. I'd never seen so many women inspired to hold those kinds of standards with such joy. Her humility, poise, and inner beauty truly shined through when addressing the congregation. It was so easy to be humbled by her humility and grace.

Sis. Shearer was so good to us. She was truly an awesome woman of God and we were blessed to have her in our lives.
I wish I could have known her!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

One time they needed money bad and Bro Shearer pulled over in his car,she said Huss what are you doing ,going in to get some money, God told me to, he walks in the store starts down an aisle as directed, a man steps up to him and hands him a sum of money he said thank you and as he left he said to the manager what was that mans name that just left ,the manager ssid sir there is no one else here, you are our first customer, no he said that man i talked to sir there has been no one come in ,he goes back to the car and Sis Shearer says Huss you didnt have to beg, God would have provided ,he said oh but he did..... My daughter and son in law attend Dayton, a great church.great pastor!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

There are so many people who have departed these coasts that I can hardly wait to meet. It makes me long to get to Heaven.

My best wishes are with those of her family who remain during this difficult time.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.