Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

Re: Here is a prime example of what I'm seeing mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieMisfits View Post
Ok, I'm going to leave now. I understand not 1 person replying to a thread, but simply everyone just making a joke or becoming defensive is rather disturbing coming from those I'm come to know through your threads.
Please allow me to apologize for the dogpile, (since I joined in too) , and which you did not deserve. However, please also consider why only one (so far) in thread took your proposition very seriously. If we were to take away the joking and the piling-on, the overall group conclusions still would have been similar. That's due to, for example, Paul's teaching that "An idol is NOTHING." (I Cor. 8:4) OTOH, Paul also implores mature Christians to consider the weak consciences (of immature believers) and to therefore not "rub it in." (Apparently some people can empower idols through fearing them or from one's past culture of "believing in" the idol.) But obviously on a worldwide online forum, that cannot be defined nor controlled. Some would teach that leaving is the only wise thing to do in such cases.

Quote:
She has a doctrine in abnormal psych, and has made ALL their riches in advertising by doing one thing, putting stuff right before your eyes and changing your feelings towards what you are looking at with out you even knowing it.
The primary goal of advertising (even the spooky subliminal kind) is to get your money, your loyalty (meaning your money again) and not to trick you into being influenced by demonic powers. Would your millionaire sister disagree with that?

Quote:
... laugh me right out of a thread, but to do so without even considering how the world is unknowingly corrupting you is just ignorant
Or maybe they HAVE considered it--in light of years of Christian experience, which helps explain the dismissive kidding.

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.

Last edited by MarcBee; 08-18-2013 at 02:09 PM.