Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Eliseus

For those who believe in a post-trib rapture...

(I posted this on GNC, but wanted to see what respone I might get here as well...)

Those who believe in a post-trib rapture believe that the church will go through a time of tribulation during which the forces of darkness dominating the social, political, economic, and even military-industrial aspects of civilization will wage war against the church.

Basically the Fourth Reich on a global scale.

So my question for those of you who believe in the post-trib rapture, what preparations have you made to 'go through it?'

Not merely in the area of personal, individual, family preparation, but CHURCH preparation? Have you established a network of fellow believers, trustworthy and known to you, that you can depend on (and who can depend on you)?

And finally, what would you say to someone who just recently came to the conclusion that post-trib is correct Bible truth?

Just pray and keep going to church?

Or are there specific steps to be made to prepare for such a time of trouble? Contacts to be made, things to be acquired and things to let go of...?

What say ye?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
(I posted this on GNC, but wanted to see what respone I might get here as well...)

Those who believe in a post-trib rapture believe that the church will go through a time of tribulation during which the forces of darkness dominating the social, political, economic, and even military-industrial aspects of civilization will wage war against the church.

So my question for those of you who believe in the post-trib rapture, what preparations have you made to 'go through it?'

Not merely in the area of personal, individual, family preparation, but CHURCH preparation? Have you established a network of fellow believers, trustworthy and known to you, that you can depend on (and who can depend on you)?

And finally, what would you say to someone who just recently came to the conclusion that post-trib is correct Bible truth?

Or are there specific steps to be made to prepare for such a time of trouble? Contacts to be made, things to be acquired and things to let go of...?

What say ye?
I'd like to know the answers to these questions myself.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Us "spiritualizers" don't have to worry about all this, cause we see that the tribulation has been going on since the days of the Apostles.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Christmas 2009

I can't see Jesus rapturing us out of here to escape persecution when others have gone through it in the past. I HOPE I'm wrong, but I bevieve I'm not.

Preparations???? I just have to believe that whatever we face, God will give us the grace at that time.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post

What say ye?
I'm leaning more and more to post trib. Are there scriptures instructing us to stockpile food, etc, to keep us through the times we can't buy without receiving the mark.

I'm preparing my mind to accept I may have my head removed from my body. (Hopefully with a sharp blade!)

Whatever comes my way, I'm trusting in the Lord. God is on the throne.

ps46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 07-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

I believe in the Pre-Wrath Rapture of the church. I feel as a pastor who believes this that it is my obligation to share that view with any congregation I pastor. I just completed a 12 week series on this. We need to encourage people to live their lives with this view in mind, which does include preparation on every level.

I always say when sharing on this subject that this is one issue I hope I am totally wrong about. However, I don't see the evidence that allows me to embrace any other position on the timing of the rapture.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Accepts all friends requests

I pretty much lost my dispensational view point after a 6 hour "interview" with a local police captain and some Federal agents. They stopped by to pump me for information on the UPC in general after they had received what they thought were threats against the President of the United States and other world leaders from the UPC.

I would advise everyone not to be too silly (or too serious) about "preparations" for conflict with the U.S. government or any particular "Beast." Not that I fear my government. It's just that my experience left me feeling very ashamed of my associating with a bunch of nut jobs. And then September 11, happened and my shame turned into real depression.

After OKC, Waco and 9/11 - I can tell you that I for one am firmly on the side of freedom and America. Actually seeing the whole Dispensational thing in practice I've had to work out a better way of understanding the Bible. And what's sad is the way we always held to a Dispensational view but never had the courage to call it what it is.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Sister Alvear

I sincerely believe the church will go through the 7 years. God will be with us and many will seal their testimony by giving their life. Not the most popular belief at this time...however that is what I believe.
I believe in a literal 1000 year reign on earth...I plan to live and reign with Him!
However if this is not the way it will be I don´t think it will cost me my salvation...some choose to differ on this...
Old 07-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Sister Alvear

I am no Bible teacher and that is only from my veiwpoint.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

My wife is putting up some corn this week does that count. However Tribulation better hurry and get here or we will have it ate.