Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-02-2020, 12:19 AM
This is still that!

Church services essential

Florida stay at home order lists church services as essential

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/gov-...lZsRf1Z0aFhk0w
Old 04-02-2020, 12:22 AM
This is still that!

Re: Church services essential

Texas does also

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03...rder-closures/
Old 04-02-2020, 12:48 AM
Registered Member

I read it to mean, "religious or Church services" are allowed to be exempt from the stay at home order, and at least in Florida, stay to under 10.
We have closed our Church because of a lot of elderly, and underlying health disorders if which I am one of them.
I had open heart surgery 5 years ago, and a couple of years ago, I developed an irregular heartbeat. It was contained with Ameoderone.
Well after a few years of taking Ameoderone, late last December I was sick with what turned out to be hyperthyroidism. I was getting ready for Church and was weak and shaking and drove myself to the hospital for an admission that lasted 9 days. After blood tests over the past three months, the Ameoderone is still in my system nececestating me taking a huge amount of drugs, (I feel like a drug addict) to keep my body somewhat balanced. My Endocrinologist told me to self isolate in early March, my GZp said the same thing, my family and Church said the same thing.
I am in a high risk group that would put me in second place behind seniors over 70.
So, we have Church at home. BOTT, Bri Jeff Arnold band my favorite, Bro Chester Wright.
God is good. He could come back in 2020. Heaven is looking better and better, but what did the Apostle Paul say? For me to live is Christ, bit to die gain!
I told my family, keep my headstone simple and don't throw money in the ground. On the headstone have this inscription from Rev Cleveland's song.
JESUS IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME!������
Old 04-02-2020, 01:56 AM
Registered Member

Churches that insist on meeting during a pandemic send a clear message to the community: we don't care if you live or die.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:02 AM
This is still that!

Bro Ron - Sebastian Florida where I reside is a retirement community. Since those over 65 and those with health issues are advised to stay home, it would not make sense for us to have services anyway as maybe 5 people would be able to attend.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Churches that insist on meeting during a pandemic send a clear message to the community: we don't care if you live or die.
I was thinking the same for any place where there are gatherings of ...let's say 10 or more, and just for fun let's pick a specific one ....how about Krogers.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

How long should church houses remain closed, if the pandemic lasts a year?
I lean toward home churches being the will of God ,due to the amount of programming and religion in the more public church house gatherings.
But I see an overreaching government, whose overreach began before the Coronavirus, continuing during this epidemic. Some point to sports events, bars and other businesses that are closed as proof there is no bias against religion. But these other events dont have the history of government encroachment upon their normal operation, the way that churches have. So my opinion is if someone hit you several times and then swings in your direction again, it would be illogical to think they were not going to hit you. Doesnt really matter if they hit 10 more , not to mention it is their first time being hit. You know the history....I wouldn't trust them. The government especially in recent times has set itself in opposition to people of faith.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:11 AM
This is still that!

I'd like to see us break out into house churches. With so many unemployed and struggling wouldn't it make sense to cut the expense of owning a building and pool resources to feed and help those who are unemployed.

This is easy for me to consider since my assembly is renting
Old 04-02-2020, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
That's ridiculous. Every church I know that is still having services have encouraged those that are at risk to stay home if they don't feel it would be wise to attend.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I'd like to see us break out into house churches. With so many unemployed and struggling wouldn't it make sense to cut the expense of owning a building and pool resources to feed and help those who are unemployed.

This is easy for me to consider since my assembly is renting
Would not be practical for those assemblies that already own buildings or property.