Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 09-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Banned

Force NYTimes To Turn Over Op-Ed Writer To Trump?

Should the newspaper New York Times be forced to identify the source of the Op-ED that criticizes President Trump?
Old 09-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Banned

Re: Force NYTimes To Turn Over Op-Ed Writer To Tru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
Should the newspaper New York Times be forced to identify the source of the Op-ED that criticizes President Trump?
No.

It would chill any criticism of any sitting President in the future.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
It's debatable, but I believe they should identify the coward.

The reason I believe they should is because this is a coward who is not only working alone, but part of a group intent on sabotaging the POTUS and his administration.

While this doesn't fit the charge of "Treason," this is a national security issue, IMO. They're not just speaking out against the POTUS and making known their grievances; they're actively conspiring and working against the POTUS.

The NY Times should release the name to the DOJ and allow it to determine whether any crimes have been committed and what should be done to the cowards.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
No.

It would chill any criticism of any sitting President in the future.
This isn't simple criticism of the POTUS. This coward claims to be part of a group actively conspiring and working against the POTUS.

Were it just a bunch of criticism and whining and complaints about Trump, I would agree with you. This isn't that.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
This isn't simple criticism of the POTUS. This coward claims to be part of a group actively conspiring and working against the POTUS.

Were it just a bunch of criticism and whining and complaints about Trump, I would agree with you. This isn't that.
How are they working "against" the POSTUS? During this period, he's relatively new. And, he has no political experience. They may have saved his hide a few times. He was a reality TV host. He's not a seasoned politician or national leader. I'm sure as time passes, these "interventions" will become fewer and fewer. I'm no fan of Trump... but I'm just trying to be fair.

Last edited by Aquila; 09-13-2018 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
How are they working "against" the POSTUS? During this period, he's relatively new. And, he has no political experience. They may have saved his hide a few times. He was a reality TV host. He's not a seasoned politician or national leader. I'm sure as time passes, these "interventions" will become fewer and fewer. I'm no fan of Trump... but I'm just trying to be fair.
He is a national leader. POTUS
Old 09-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

Just think of the outrage if this had been run during the BHO admin.
The libs would be screaming for the name.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
He is a national leader. POTUS
Yeah, I guess if I got elected I could argue that I was a "national leader". lol

Trump still has a little bit of that new car smell left. Every new POTUS needs people to look out for him. If they felt the need to step in and help keep him from making some mistakes, so be it. He should be thankful to have such a team. I get the feeling he demeans them and makes them feel like they are all losers, and he's a hotshot. And that's why they are more than willing to leak how they have to steer him around and keep him out of trouble. Maybe if he were more humble, appreciative of those who serve him, and chose to lead through that humility, I think they'd do the same, but be loyal to the core.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Did you read the article? This isn't about Trump being new to politics and them trying to help him avoid mistakes. This is about a group who oppose Trump and are constantly working to subvert his authority and actions. It won't become fewer and fewer, as you suggest. The op-ed was a bold, in your face notice to the POTUS that they were working and would continue to work against him....from inside the White House!
Old 09-13-2018, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Did you read the article? This isn't about Trump being new to politics. This is about a group who oppose Trump and are constantly working to subvert his authority and actions. It won't become fewer and fewer, as you suggest. The op-ed was a bold, in your face notice to the POTUS that they were working and would continue to work against him....from inside the White House!
I think that's how it is being spun by folks on the inside who feel disrespected and by the media.

If he was beloved by those serving him, I don't think they would of leaked this, nor do I think it would be painted as subverting his authority. I think it would be seen as watching his back.