Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

Smile Amazing accounts anyone?

Hi all,

In the last three years since I started my journey to Heaven, I've heard some really amazing stories of what others have witnessed of the Holy Ghost's power. I myself haven't witnessed anything beyond tongues and interpretation, which is really awesome in itself! However, I have heard first hand accounts of people who have seen all of these things:

People raised from the dead.....some already in the morgue, with a toe tag.

Visible smoke (and possibly flames, but I can't remember 100%) coming from the roof of a church during a service, causing a passerby to call the fire department.....what a surprise when the trucks got there lol!

Devils being cast out of a person.

A missionary being attacked by what the locals called a "witch." She ran at him, he threw his hand out and knocked her to the ground and she came up speaking in tongues.

People seeing a mist fill the building when the Holy Ghost came on the scene.

I love hearing these accounts! So many people are worshipping a dead, or at the very least very much asleep god. My God is not dead, He's still alive!!!!

Please share.

Denise
Old 03-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Non-white I am a pink man

Re: Amazing accounts anyone?

I do not yet speak in tongues, but I was saved from death. That might sound very simple and ordinary to some....but it is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I believe life in the next-life with Jesus.....or here with Him 1,000 years will be wonderful.....but I very much appreciate my 'life with Jesus' today. I am of the conviction, that 'eternal life'....is not only when we die..... That would not be 'eternal' if it was only 'partial'. I believe Jesus wants us to be with Him right now in 'this life'. He has given us a very beautiful gift that we should not 'waste' a single moment of it.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 PM
I Am That I Am.

The fact that I don't wake up in the morning thinking "Ok where's my first high gonna come from?" is a pretty amazing account to me.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise_109 View Post
Hi all,

In the last three years since I started my journey to Heaven, I've heard some really amazing stories of what others have witnessed of the Holy Ghost's power. I myself haven't witnessed anything beyond tongues and interpretation, which is really awesome in itself! However, I have heard first hand accounts of people who have seen all of these things:

People raised from the dead.....some already in the morgue, with a toe tag.

Visible smoke (and possibly flames, but I can't remember 100%) coming from the roof of a church during a service, causing a passerby to call the fire department.....what a surprise when the trucks got there lol!

Devils being cast out of a person.

A missionary being attacked by what the locals called a "witch." She ran at him, he threw his hand out and knocked her to the ground and she came up speaking in tongues.

People seeing a mist fill the building when the Holy Ghost came on the scene.

I love hearing these accounts! So many people are worshipping a dead, or at the very least very much asleep god. My God is not dead, He's still alive!!!!

Please share.

Denise
Please give some details!

WHOEVER has verifiable proof WILL receive one million dollars! It is NOT that hard!

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html
Old 03-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgivenson View Post
I do not yet speak in tongues, but I was saved from death..
Yes that is definitely a miracle! Thank you Jesus! Nothing the Lord does for us should be considered simple, but yet to Him, everything is simple. Hard to comprehend sometimes.

Denise
Old 03-21-2012, 02:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Matt View Post
The fact that I don't wake up in the morning thinking "Ok where's my first high gonna come from?" is a pretty amazing account to me.
Wow. Very true! Being free from all our "stuff" is one thing man could never do for us.

Denise
Old 03-21-2012, 02:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Please give some details!

WHOEVER has verifiable proof WILL receive one million dollars! It is NOT that hard!

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html
Oh I wish I did have proof because so many more people would believe...maybe. Or maybe not. Jesus Himself said they wouldn't believe even if one rose from the dead.

The incident happened years ago. I was told this by a relative who personally knows the family involved. An older woman had a son who was pretty far from God. She had prayed and prayed for him. One day she gets a call that he has been in an accident. He somehow ran off the road and hit a fence. A metal fence post went through the windshield and into his face. It entered somewhere around the nose area and came out the back of his head. He was pronounced dead on the scene, obviously. So this mother drives....I'm not sure how many hours, but I'm thinking 4 or 5.....to get to her son. She gets there and is told, "No, ma'am, you can't see him. You don't understand. He is dead. He is in the morgue, in a drawer." She convinces the people in charge to let her back there. She starts walking the floor, praying, speaking in tongues, asking the Lord to please give her boy another chance. After some period of time....I don't know how long....his toe starts wiggling. Then his whole foot. And at some point in the next few minutes, he's sitting up and the doctors are more confused than they've ever been. From all reports, he married, had a family, and got right with God! They say he has some seriously major scarring on his face.

The lady that told me this is 100% believable.........even people who know her and will criticize our beliefs will tell you that she is the sweetest, most trustworthy, godly woman they've ever known. Baptist preachers have called on her for prayer and laying on of hands, even though they say our belief system is crazy, because they recognize her as full of the Holy Ghost. Several other people were sitting nearby and helped tell the story.....so more than one person has heard it. That's all I have and I'm taking it on faith, because God hasn't changed. If He did it in the Bible, He can do it now! Sadly, faith isn't enough for some people, though.

Denise
Old 03-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise_109 View Post
Oh I wish I did have proof because so many more people would believe...maybe. Or maybe not. Jesus Himself said they wouldn't believe even if one rose from the dead.

The incident happened years ago. I was told this by a relative who personally knows the family involved. An older woman had a son who was pretty far from God. She had prayed and prayed for him. One day she gets a call that he has been in an accident. He somehow ran off the road and hit a fence. A metal fence post went through the windshield and into his face. It entered somewhere around the nose area and came out the back of his head. He was pronounced dead on the scene, obviously. So this mother drives....I'm not sure how many hours, but I'm thinking 4 or 5.....to get to her son. She gets there and is told, "No, ma'am, you can't see him. You don't understand. He is dead. He is in the morgue, in a drawer." She convinces the people in charge to let her back there. She starts walking the floor, praying, speaking in tongues, asking the Lord to please give her boy another chance. After some period of time....I don't know how long....his toe starts wiggling. Then his whole foot. And at some point in the next few minutes, he's sitting up and the doctors are more confused than they've ever been. From all reports, he married, had a family, and got right with God! They say he has some seriously major scarring on his face.

The lady that told me this is 100% believable.........even people who know her and will criticize our beliefs will tell you that she is the sweetest, most trustworthy, godly woman they've ever known. Baptist preachers have called on her for prayer and laying on of hands, even though they say our belief system is crazy, because they recognize her as full of the Holy Ghost. Several other people were sitting nearby and helped tell the story.....so more than one person has heard it. That's all I have and I'm taking it on faith, because God hasn't changed. If He did it in the Bible, He can do it now! Sadly, faith isn't enough for some people, though.

Denise
Uh, you said you heard a first-hand account.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 AM
On the road less traveled

I have a first-hand account of a miracle that happened YESTERDAY!

My husband called me around dinner last evening and told me he had just looked death in the eye. My heart almost stopped as he began to tell me the details...

He drives an eighteen-wheeler in the mountains, and was on one of the most dangerous passes in the area yesterday. I had talked to him on Monday about it, and he was worried then, because they were expecting bad weather. I told him I would be praying for him, and I had mentioned it also to a close friend, who was praying also.

So he was on this mountain pass, which is a road with no shoulders, a very narrow road, and straight drop offs with no guard rails. Driving on mountain passes in bad weather is tricky business anyway, but on this road, it is not for the faint of heart! It was raining lightly, and he was driving slower than normal. As he went around one of the switchbacks, immediately the road conditions had changed to ice and snow.

His loaded trailer lost traction, and jacknifed across the road, hanging over the edge with the drop-off down to the river below. He steered out of this, and got the trailer back on the road, only to have it jack-knife a second time, this time with the tires of the tractor hanging off the drop-off, and he remembers looking straight down, and again, he was able to steer out of that, and get the rig back onto the road, and continue on his way.

As he told the story to me, I remembered the email my friend had sent to me earlier that day, and I KNEW the hand of God had protected him. My friend, whom I had shared that my husband would be driving on this dangerous road, woke up in the middle of the night, and prayed for him, and had emailed me earlier that day to tell me about it.

You can say what you want, or somehow excuse the miraculous hand of God in this, but when my husband got home last night, there was something different about him. He could hardly go to sleep, and he was still talking about it this morning. It has really shook him to his core. He said he knew he was dead in the seconds it was all happening, as he was looking down at the river below, and the hand of God picked that truck back up and put the truck back on the road.

We give the LORD JESUS all the glory, and all the credit for this miracle in our life today!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

My personal feeling is is that I am completely unaware of MOST of the miracles that happen in my life, either because God saved me from something horrible (and thus am not aware of what almost happened) or blessed me in a profound way using a sequence of events set in motion years earlier in anticipation of the event. Sort of like a chess player looking at the board before a single piece is played and saying "Checkmate in 29 moves!".