Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

Talking Can this mom brag a bit? Prom pictures :)

My oldest son had his first prom tonight. He took a girl named Rachel who he's been sweet on for quite a while now. A group of them all went together. It was Justin & Rachel, Sam (who is Rachel's older brother) and Kelsey and Sarah. These are all kids from our church. This gang hangs out together all the time, so it just seemed natural for them to also go to prom together.

So you want to see how handsome he looked?

This is rare, because Justin rarely ever smiles for pictures

Justin & Rachel

Justin, Rachel, Sarah, Kelsey, Sam

Ok, I have more, but I've bored you enough. Thanks for looking
Old 05-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Great pictures!! Post the others. He is so handsome and his friend is a cutie!
Old 05-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
Great pictures!! Post the others. He is so handsome and his friend is a cutie!
Thanks!! I'm pretty proud of him. We can't take any credit for how handsome he is, since he's adopted. But he really is a great kid! We were so blessed when God placed Justin in our home.
And Rachel is as sweet as they come. Her mom was born in the Philippines and her dad is American. They married and then spent the next 18 years in Thailand as missionaries. While there, they had 5 kids. Then 2 years ago, the dad decided to move his family back to the States and settle them here in our little town - where they didn't know a single soul. And then he declared that he didn't want to be married anymore and wants a divorce. The mom is devastated, of course. But she believes in the sanctity of marriage, so she's refusing to file for divorce. It's a sad situation. This man has walked away from the God that he knew and preached about for all those years. Please pray for him. His name is Bill.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

So more pictures.............

The theme for the prom this year is James Bond (007 - get it? 2007)

Justin giving Rachel her wrist corsage
Old 05-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

Awwww....that's sweet! Good lookin' kids!
Old 05-19-2007, 09:39 PM

I love prom pictures. One of the girls that I work with brought all her son's pictures to work a couple of weeks ago and shared them with us.

The school that Pastor and Sherri's son Zac went to had the James Bond theme. He wore blue and black too.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
Thanks!! I'm pretty proud of him. We can't take any credit for how handsome he is, since he's adopted. But he really is a great kid! We were so blessed when God placed Justin in our home.
And Rachel is as sweet as they come. Her mom was born in the Philippines and her dad is American. They married and then spent the next 18 years in Thailand as missionaries. While there, they had 5 kids. Then 2 years ago, the dad decided to move his family back to the States and settle them here in our little town - where they didn't know a single soul. And then he declared that he didn't want to be married anymore and wants a divorce. The mom is devastated, of course. But she believes in the sanctity of marriage, so she's refusing to file for divorce. It's a sad situation. This man has walked away from the God that he knew and preached about for all those years. Please pray for him. His name is Bill.
I will. I understand completely. My husband's ex-wife wants absolutely nothing to do with God. She was a pastor's wife, a choir director, played the piano, very involved in ministry and is now so bitter at God. She decided that she didn't want to be married after 18 years, didn't want to be a christian, and she is a total piece of work. We deal with her daily almost. You pray for Jan and I'll pray for Bill.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Lovely pictures.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
Lovely pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Awwww....that's sweet! Good lookin' kids!
Thank you. This is a great group of kids. All of them have very high moral standards and are good committed Christian kids. It's so good to know that that is the kind of crowd my son is hanging around with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
I love prom pictures. One of the girls that I work with brought all her son's pictures to work a couple of weeks ago and shared them with us.

The school that Pastor and Sherri's son Zac went to had the James Bond theme. He wore blue and black too.
Justin wore the red because Rachel's dress was red and they wanted to match. I thought that was sweet. This is his first official 'date'. Nothing like starting out with a bang, eh!
Old 05-19-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
Thank you. This is a great group of kids. All of them have very high moral standards and are good committed Christian kids. It's so good to know that that is the kind of crowd my son is hanging around with.

Justin wore the red because Rachel's dress was red and they wanted to match. I thought that was sweet. This is his first official 'date'. Nothing like starting out with a bang, eh!
The red looked nice with that blue and black. Good choice!