Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
A Student of the Word

My New Forum

A New Home on the edge of the Internet.

I made a comment last week to a few of my friends that I am in the process of reevaluating my ministry focus. Part of that evaluation includes finally accepting an invitation to join an international ministerial alliance. While I do not personally hold to divisions within the body of Christ based on individual ministerial associations (churches, organizations, groups, etc.), many well meaning people do.

Therefore, as the results of some of my studies are showing themselves to be at variance with the positions and doctrines of my current host site, and I am obligated to respect those positions and not to create contentious issues among the brethren.

I am in the process of creating a new forum for my musings, teaching, and sharing, the Talmidim HaMaschiah Forums. The new site will open today, November 18th.

There are a great deal of threads and individual posts on this forum/community that are absolutely outstanding – and many have contributed to my own knowledge and understanding of scripture. Therefore, if you would like to join in an on-line web association with me and my efforts - to correctly divide the word of truth, please join with me on the new site, and feel free to bring your threads and posts with you.

Even so, if you are already spread thin in the web, and if this forum and other forums are meeting your needs, then by all means don’t go adding yet another one just for the giggles! Never the less, you are always welcome to drop by, visit, and you can even leave a note on the Chit-Chat & Banter forum under the ‘General Board’ heading! You don’t need to be a member to post on that board.

May God’s grace be with you.

A.W. (Art) Bowman

Old 11-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Don't ask.

Re: My New Forum

Congrats! Best wishes in your new endeavor.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 11-20-2010, 06:02 PM
A Student of the Word

As advertised, the new web community is open. While there yet remains a lot of collection, editing, and posting of material spread about the internet, I will leave the bulk of that effort as an on-going task.

While everyone is invited to join and to contribute to the many subjects, this site is designed primarily for spiritual leaders and leaders in training. That is, for any serious student of the word of God.

Unlike many such self-professing originators of such sites, there are no hidden agendas or narrow dogmatic creeds that one is expected to adopt. Rather, the purpose is clear: To provide material for the disciples of Christ to consider - even from a different point of view, and to drive, push, pull, and to otherwise encourage each individual to engage in a serious study of God's word - for themselves. My goal is to provide the initial guidance and advice for such a life-long task, accompanied by a growing list of resources to assist the individual saint in this undertaking.

There is nothing to buy, subscribe to, or commit to, in order to be a member of this community, save one thing only:

It is the most difficult to do, the single most dangerous of all activities to undertake, and the most frightening to face, i.e. with the utmost personal honesty, courage and integrity, plus an absolute commitment to submit yourself to a continuous, in depth self examination, to see if you are remaining 'in the faith' ( 2 Corinthians 13:5), maturing in the faith (Hebrews 6:1-6), and to see if you are becoming more secure in your own salvation ( Philippians 2:12).

So, what I am offering to my friends, is an adventure - but not for the faint of heart! I propose an expedition into the wilds of one's own heart. Where everything you think you believe in is open to challenge, to determine if it can hold up to a serious shaking by the Spirit of God.

I do not pretend to have all of the answers to life or the nature of God, not even a good number of answers - but, let us search out what we can, together.

Shalom Aleichem

Art
Old 11-20-2010, 06:02 PM
A Student of the Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Congrats! Best wishes in your new endeavor.
Thanks, my friend.