Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Genesis 11:10

Obediance over Understanding

Is obediance over understanding overemphasized?

Old 10-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: Obediance over Understanding

Where?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 10-27-2010, 12:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post

Yes, in places where the proverb is told of of someone in a tree who is being directed to jump out, without time to give understanding to the person that a snake is ready to strike him. Check your brains in at the doors of those churches.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 10-27-2010, 06:44 AM
Loren Adkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post

Yes everytime, The word teaches us we are to obey God not man. There for if one does not understand what they are being ask to follow, (or obey) then they are following man over God.

I Co 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

If Paul intended that we obey blindly what the pastor preaches why did he word things like he does.

Further we have IMHO mistranslated the next passage to back up our teaching of obediance, when if fact it does not back us up at all.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Heb 13:17 ObeyG3982 them that have the rule overG2233 you,G5216 andG2532 submitG5226 yourselves: forG1063 theyG846 watchG69 forG5228 yourG5216 souls,G5590 asG5613 they that must giveG591 account,G3056 thatG2443 they may doG4160 itG5124 withG3326 joy,G5479 andG2532 notG3361 with grief:G4727 forG1063 thatG5124 is unprofitableG255 for you.G5213

G3982
πείθω
peithō
pi'-tho
A primary verb; to convince (by argument, true or false); by analogy to pacify or conciliate (by other fair means); reflexively or passively to assent (to evidence or authority), to rely (by inward certainty): - agree, assure, believe, have confidence, be (wax) content, make friend, obey, persuade, trust, yield.

We are given several scriptures that tell us we are to obey our head, husbands, Christ, wives the husband, Children parents. No where are we told to obey the ministry.

Need I say more?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

I agree partly at least. Meaning that if that minister does bring one a Word of
correction from the Lord, we need to heed what others do say of course. But having the rule over someone, I really agree that begins in the family. At least it did in the beginning anyway, I am sure. As it was Adam that seemingly God told not to partake of that tree, not Eve, according to scripture. Although Eve knew not to do so too of course. But since she was deceived, I assume it was not God that told her, but probably Adam. . Although if Adam was sitting there when she did do so. And goofed up there totally, because he should have stepped in then, telling her not to do so without at least going and talking it over with the Lord. Meaning they both really goofed up on that one for sure. But alas, she ate, then handed it to him and he did so too. But Adam sinned blatantly knowing better. which it also says too. And I assume that was because God did tell him personally not to do so. But being deceived is also sin. Because we can also ask God ourselves. So therefore we have no excuse in being deceived either. Just as Eve didn't.

But that also reveals somewhat Gods plan concerning who does have the rule over another.

But it also reveals how much more responsibility the man has. Which is why I finally realized I liked being the woman after all.