Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

AFF Is Keepin It Real!

Its been a while since I have been on here and I have to say I haven't seen this kind of spice and flavor on an Apostolic forum in a long time! I lurk and cruise the other ones but they have micro managed the other ones to the point where they are very uninteresting, boring and lack a lively spirit!

Its like comparing American culture with its diversity compared to the old Soviet bloc countries. Remember that Wendy's commercial back in the 80s with the Soviet Union fashion show? All those ladies wearing the same clothes: gray colored comrade dresses with gray head scarves and black shoes! Those other forums are too afraid of diverse opinion and colorful personalities.

Not good old AFF, they keep it real with Taliban Apostolics to the right and Rosie O'Donnell Apostolics to the left and everyone else in between! There's freedom here and there's great interaction. This place has life!

Its good to once again breathe fresh air!

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:49 PM
CountryRev

It is a neat mix.

I just hope I'm not of the Taliban or O'Donnell mentality
Old 04-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
Its been a while since I have been on here and I have to say I haven't seen this kind of spice and flavor on an Apostolic forum in a long time! I lurk and cruise the other ones but they have micro managed the other ones to the point where they are very uninteresting, boring and lack a lively spirit!

Its like comparing American culture with its diversity compared to the old Soviet bloc countries. Remember that Wendy's commercial back in the 80s with the Soviet Union fashion show? All those ladies wearing the same clothes: gray colored comrade dresses with gray head scarves and black shoes! Those other forums are too afraid of diverse opinion and colorful personalities.

Not good old AFF, they keep it real with Taliban Apostolics to the right and Rosie O'Donnell Apostolics to the left and everyone else in between! There's freedom here and there's great interaction. This place has life!

I loved that commercial! Remember they had flashlights as their fashion accessory? You are showing your age because that commercial was out before the Soviet Union fell.

I think AFF is doing a good job of following the trail blazed before it with FCF and then NFCF. It has had a few rough patches here and there but things are clicking now.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:43 AM
Hello AFF!

Quote:

Old 04-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Invisible Thad

Deacon Blues,

name the names of those that YOU consider the "Rosie Odonnel" Apostolics. I want Names
Old 04-30-2007, 07:48 AM
Beaux's li'l buddy............

And they said it couldnt be done.... LOL....All of you on here are a great bunch of people.....even most of the ones I disagree with.....
Old 04-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Jellybean!

Quote:

Ees next....Evening Vear!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Jellybean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I loved that commercial! Remember they had flashlights as their fashion accessory? You are showing your age because that commercial was out before the Soviet Union fell.

I think AFF is doing a good job of following the trail blazed before it with FCF and then NFCF. It has had a few rough patches here and there but things are clicking now.

And the beach ball...

Ees next...Svim Vear!!!

You can't imagine how many times through the years that I have mimicked this commmercial...

Viva la AFF!!!